Poetry On Odyssey: 39 Minutes Of Contentment

A poem on my Friday bliss during my favorite time of day.

144
Sarah Lackey

.

4:53 p.m.—

santa clara u transcends from blinding lemon yellow sunshine to a luxuriously golden bath of warmth and Goodness.

within the intricacies of the tree is God's caring & perfect hand - a tiny, detailed leaf branches into a lush miniature wonderland which ombres from oh-so-fairytale-foresty green into an alert green that appears to be just one prayer away from yellow. contentment washes over you resting under the gentle umbrella of natural wonder.

stopped in your tracks you are after rushing down the slippery stairs of the English building - divine beautiful light from the stained glass circa 1850-something radiates oh-so-purposefully in your view. the velvety lily catches your eye, reminding you that st. therese of lisieux is indeed keeping her promises of sending down a shower of flowers from above to you. you are noticed.

upon the sanctuary you step in and the sigh of relief you exhale fills up the lovely emptiness of the safe haven on campus. soft shadows fill the space and fill your mind with serenity. a place perhaps the Father made just for you in that moment.

—5:32 p.m.