31 Women To Celebrate During Women's History Month

More like HERSTORY month, am I right?

68

The year has flown by and we are already in March, Women's History Month, and I am here for it. There are so many women we should celebrate during this amazing month, but here are 31 ladies to honor for each day of March.

1. Serena Williams

Source

A QUEEN on and off the tennis court, Serena Williams is an amazing athlete that holds 23 Grand Slam singles titles, 14 Grand Slam doubles titles, and four Olympic medals. Talk about a CHAMPION!

2. Amelia Earhart

Source

Amelia Earhart was the first female pilot to fly solo across the Atlantic Ocean. A pioneer in her time and to this day for sure.

3. Marie Curie

Source

Marie Curie was the first woman ever to win a Nobel Prize after her efforts led to the discovery of radium and polonium, leading to furthering X-rays. We LOVE a science queen!

4. Susan B. Anthony

Source

If you are a woman and have ever voted in a U.S. elections, give a big thanks to Susan B. Anthony. She played a pivotal role in the women's suffrage movement as a women's rights reformer.

5. Oprah Winfrey

YOU GET A CAR! YOU GET A CAR! YOU GET A CAR! Oprah Winfrey was not only an amazing talk show host and interviewer, she now is a philanthropic woman helping people all over the world.

6. Maya Angelou

Maya Angelou was an amazing poet, author, and civil rights activist of her time. An amazing woman and someone everyone should look up to.

7. Lady Gaga

MY QUEEN!!! She is an absolute rockstar, an amazing actress, and an absolute sweetheart! Ever since I listened to "Bad Romance" as a kid she has had me on my toes, especially with her performance in "A Star is Born."

8. Margaret Thatcher

Source

Known as "The Iron Lady," Margaret Thatcher was the first female Prime Minister of the United Kingdom. She was a trailblazer and an incredible leader of her time.

9. Simone Biles

JUST LOOK AT THAT LANDING!!! Simple Biles was part of the "Final Five" in the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio De Janeiro, winning five medals in the competition, earning a total of 25 Olympic and World Championship medals.

10. Ibtihaj Muhammad

A trailblazer and an inspiration, Ibtihaj Muhammad is the first Muslin-American woman to ever wear a hijab while competing for the U.S. in the Olympics. She is an amazing fencer and a pioneer for generations to come.

11. Aly Raisman

Aly makes gymnastics so easy, and I don't have one rhythmic bone in my body. Not only is she an Olympic medalist and athlete, but she was also one of many who spoke up for survivors of sexual abuse, including herself, from former doctor Larry Nassar.

12. Tarana Burke

As founder of the #MeToo movement, Tarana Burke has made waves for women all over the world. She has broken the silence about sexual assault and abuse, and she is definitely a woman to be inspired by.

13. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez

As the youngest woman ever to be elected to the US Congress, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez is a trailblazer and she is fighting for the people that voted for her (also, she ROCKS a red lip and big hoops like a queen).

14. Meghan Markle

The Duchess of Sussex, wife of the incredibly handsome Prince Harry, and soon-to-be mom, Meghan Markle has a long history of speaking up about her thoughts about feminism, even from an early age. Watch her giving a speech at UN Women.

15. Jane Goodall

Jane Goodall is the world's leading primatologist and advocate for chimpanzees. Her lifetime's work has raised awareness for the animals of the wild.

16. J.K. Rowling

Author of one of the best selling book series of all time, J.K. Rowling is an inspiration and leader to all writers out there who find magic in life.

17. Malala Yousafzai

Malala Yousafzai is the youngest person ever to win a Nobel Peace Prize after becoming an advocate for girls' education and being shot on the way home from school. She is an amazing influence on our young people in the world.

18. Aretha Franklin

She made us all feel like a natural woman every time she sang. Aretha Franklin was an amazing singer, songwriter, and civil rights activist. She deserves all the R-E-S-P-E-C-T we can give her.

19. Harriet Tubman

Source

Harriet Tubman was an abolitionist and political activist who helped people escape slavery through the Underground Railroad. Known as "The Moses of her people," she is a true hero to former slaves.

20. Coco Chanel

Source

WHAT AN ICON. French designer and businesswoman Coco Chanel built her brand from the ground up, leaving her permanent mark in the fashion world forever.

21. Rosa Parks

Source

Rosa Parks is known for her silent protest on a bus, not getting up after sitting in the white section, and refusing to give her seat to someone else. She is definitely one woman of many to celebrate this Women's History Month.

22. Rosalind Franklin

This woman right here? This amazing and brilliant scientist? Her hard work led to the discovery of DNA, RNA, and virus molecular structures. All the things that make you, you? Yeah, she helped discover how they are structured.

23. Carrie Fisher

Why am I crying right now? I miss Carrie Fisher and all of her galactic adventures in a galaxy far, far away.

24. Frida Kahlo

Flickr

Frida Kahlo's art captured the beauty of her country through her folk art style. She tackled issues like gender and class through her art, and we should celebrate that.

25. Sally Ride

Source

In 1983, astronaut and astrophysicist Sally Ride became the first American woman in space aboard the space shuttle Challenger. A trailblazer in space and on Earth, Sally Ride is a woman to celebrate during the month of March.

26. Emma Watson

Not only did she play our beloved Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series movies, but she is also a big promoter of feminism and gender equality around the world while speaking before the UN and beginning the HeForShe campaign.

27. Whitney Houston

OHHH, I WANT TO DANCE WITH HER!!! Whitney Houston was a powerhouse with a voice that made you want to dance! She is fiercely missed, but I know she is dancing and singing up above.

28. Ellen DeGeneres

"Be kind to one another." That's how Ellen DeGeneres ends all episodes of her talk show. That positivity and joy she radiates is something to celebrate every day.

29. Anne Frank

Source

Anne Frank's diary of her story in hiding from Nazi Germany in an Amsterdam warehouse. Her courage and ability to find beauty in her world makes her an inspiration and worthy of recognition.

30. Jackie Kennedy

Style, beauty, and grace. Jackie Kennedy was an icon during her husband's presidency and she still is to this day.

31. All the amazing females in your life

Think about your mom. Your sister. Your aunt. Your grandmother. Friends, family, strangers. There are SO many women to celebrate, not just this month, but every day of the year.