Why Slut-Shaming Is Always Wrong
Feminism

If You're Still Slut-Shaming In 2019, Please Reevaluate Everything About Yourself

Just pay for that premium Snapchat and go, Chad.

306

From premium Snapchats to prostitution, some men usually have something negative to say about the women they constantly sexualize who are capitalizing on that same sexualization. If you log on any social media platform and scroll for about two seconds, you'll probably stumble across some meme making fun of sex workers. It's 2019, we are all learning to love our bodies, who cares if that means charging for access to it?

I don't know very many guys who have not asked a girl for nudes at least once in their life. I get it, you were probably in high school "all the cool kids were doing it," and you probably received a few, and sent out a few more. So, what exactly is wrong with someone charging for those same nudes, say on their Snapchat premium?

What about strippers? It's OK if you go in, throw some ones at a pretty girl in her underwear, right? If that's alright with you, why do you swear up and down you would never "allow" your girlfriend to be a stripper because that isn't wife material. The same goes with porn stars. A lot of men watch porn, but the thought of someone they love acting in adult movies usually makes them sick. Why is that? Strippers and porn stars make great money, and many say it's quite empowering. You're literally celebrating your body.

Although we are in the age of apps that allow us to find someone who is down to hook up the same night you match with them, consensual prostitution is still alive and well. (Emphasis on consensual.) In many cities, you can drive to certain areas late at night, usually at truck stops and find a woman selling sex. That is not the only place you can find a prostitute, though.

There are quite a few massage parlors that offer a "happy ending" for their clients. Some men are eager to find these women, especially those who are traveling or are recently divorced, use them and turn right around and say they would disown their own daughter for doing something like that.

My point here, is I see a lot of people who are so quick to criticize women who are proud to be sex workers. We all have to make money and sex is always in demand. Perhaps you should stop feeling entitled to other peoples bodies, maybe then people will stop feeling obligated to charge you.