30 things to thank 2020 for....

30 things to thank 2020 for....

We can acknowledge the turmoil, and still count our blessings.

34
30 things to thank 2020 for....

Its safe to say that this will be a year that we will all recognize in history textbooks, tell our grandchildren about and always remember to never forget. Yes, there was a lot of bad that happened- that is an understatement. But As we head towards the finish line of 2020, here's 30 things that I think we wouldn't have learned if it weren't for how this year went;

1) The electoral college actually doing its job

2) More people than ever showing up, and showing out

3) The REAL America (Aka a not white supremacist one; a diverse and inclusive one)

4) New-found respect for germaphobes (like me)

5) Saving money (because of not going out as much)

6) Being grateful for the little things (like the privilege of being home)

7) Redefining family

8) Redefining yourself

9) Newfound hobbies

10) Newfound pets (I got a guinea pig this month!)

11) Respect for those who have stuck through everything this year

12) Respect for those we lost too soon and may have taken for granted

13) Hand sanitzer

14) MASKS (and those who wear them over their nose)

15) Zoom/Webex/Discord (any type of video chat platform)

16) The hope of a vaccine

17) Food, shelter, water (base needs are harder to come by so thank god if you have it)

18) More representation across the nation

19) Takeout

20) Creative ways to survive this year

21) The option to work from home (for some, this is permanent)

22) NOT COMMUTING

23) New found traditions

24) Being more comfortable with alone time

25) Valuing therapy/mental health

26) Health in general

27) Supplementaly income (those who can get it and are eligible)

28) The ablitity to recover (from grief, illness, etc0

29) December 31st

30) That even though there were be other tough years for sure, there will only be one 2020 (next pandemic, we'll see you in 2120)