With the high-paced society we live in, it is not uncommon for people to lose sight of the little things that bring joy to their lives every day. We spend so much time counting down the days to the weekend, our next vacation or the next holiday that we find it hard to find happiness in the ordinary. When you start to feel stressed out about your work week or you are in the midst of a breakdown during finals week, just remember that there are several reasons to be happy.
1. Clean sheets.
2. Walking barefoot on fresh cut grass.
3. The fresh spring smell after winter subsides.
4. Lazy Sunday afternoons spent cuddled up in blankets.
5. The taste of coffee after a long night.
6. Naturally waking up to a sunrise.
7. Making a stranger smile
8. Oversized sweaters.
9. S'mores around a fire.
10. Finally finishing a long assignment.
11. Candid photos.
12. Bubble baths with candles.
13. Getting your winged eyeliner just right.
14. Stormy nights.
15. Pizza delivery.
16. Sunsets on the beach.
17. Flipping over your pillow and feeling the cold side.
18. Road trips.
19. Looking at the stars on a clear summer night.
20. Cancelled classes.
21. Waking up in the middle of the night and realizing you still have time to sleep.
22. Fuzzy blankets.
23. Cookie dough.
24. Getting hooked on a TV show that has all the seasons on Netflix.
25. Waking up next to the person you love.
26. Lying in bed after a long day.
27. The smell of a barbecue.
29. Hearing an old song you loved and remembering every word.
30. Finding money in your pocket.
These are just some of the millions of things to be happy about. Even if you have a bad day, bad week or bad month, make a list and find your positivity.
You're alive and you can make your life into whatever you want it to be.