3 Reasons Why FGCU Is Better Than Any Other University

FGCU is the place to be.

1987
google.com

Everyone thinks that their school is the best and the most fun, but I am going to be the one to say that all but 15,000 of you are wrong. Florida Gulf Coast University has the greatest amenities, academics, student events, and campus. For only being 20 years old this school can not only compete with other universities but beat them as well in every category. Here are 3 reasons why it's the best:

1. Dorms

According to Niche.com, out of 1,396 colleges in America, FGCU is ranked #9. In South Village, designated dorms for freshmen, the students are living like royalty. Each room consists of 2 or 3 private bedrooms, with full bathrooms and a cozy common area. Inside each dorm building, there are games rooms, which have pool tables, pinball machines, ski ball, arcade tables, and air hockey. One building has its own gym, while another has a movie theater. You have the Sovi pool and a buffet dining hall open from 7 A.M- 12 A.M. right outside your door.

North Lake is the upper classmen housing and will blow your mind. 4 private bedrooms, two full baths, one big living room and a full kitchen. If you aren't sold by that alone, if you look outside your window you'll be welcomed to a beautiful view of the sandy man-made beach. On the beach, they have boats, kayaks, paddle boards, and floats you can check-out at any time of the day. You'll never want to leave.

2. Clubs and Sports

No matter what your interest is, FGCU has the club or sport for you! From softball to the fishing club, to even a Harry Potter quidditch team. All our sports teams take home division championships year after year, and we are nicknamed Dunk City for a reason. Our basketball team has made it to the NCAA tournament the last few years. Even once going all the way to the sweet 16. Anything you're interested in, you'll find peers that enjoy the same thing at FGCU.

3. Events

It seems like every day you are on campus, the programming board is putting on some kind of event. You can never go bored since you'll always find something to do! From carnivals on campus and free food, to even live music. These events put excitement into your day, and motivation to meet new people on campus. Holiday events are spectacular, as well as the concerts the school puts on.