3 Documentaries That Will Change The Way You Think

I suggest watching these films to help change your mind to a more compassionate and caring ideology. I wish everyone to agree with these documentaries and understand others ideals and open-minded viewpoints.

601
darthamountagungtrekking.com

1. I Am

This documentary surrounds the newfound philosophy of Tom Shadyac, who is famous for directing many Jim Carrey movies such as Liar, Liar and Bruce Almighty. In this documentary, Tom explains how his near death experience changed how he saw the world. "Filmmaker Tom Shadyac interviews philosophers, scientists and others to find out ways -- individually and communally -- that people can improve the way they live" Google writes about the documentary. He explores his ideology of everyone in the world being 'one' and that energy is a real thing that can be felt and measured. I have seen this documentary twice and have fallen in love with it. Tom explains in the film that we are all connected through energy and if someone across the world from us is feeling sadness, it affects everyone around them and it is a cycle until it reaches everyone in the world. This realization has made him a more caring and compassionate human being. In 'I Am', He decides to experiment with energy, so he takes a bowl of yogurt (which has living bacteria) and puts a meter that measures energy and talks to another person while the energy in the yogurt slowly moves still centered on the meter, an interesting twist in this experiment is when Tom picks up a phone call from his lawyer and the bacteria in the yogurt feels the stress from the call and the meter in the yogurt goes down in representation of the energy decreasing with the stress. This documentary is an important watch, and has been educational to those who are willing to open themselves up to understand the importance of 'oneness' in the universe.

2. The Unbelievers

This is a great film if you are contemplating religion. 'The Unbelievers' is about Atheists and the struggles faced to declare a religion or the struggles faced within the choice of Atheism. "'The Unbelievers' follows renowned scientists Richard Dawkins and Lawrence Krauss across the globe as they speak publicly about the importance of science and reason in the modern world - encouraging others to cast off antiquated religious and politically motivated approaches toward important current issues" says the Rotten Tomatoes review. This film also helps people who identify with atheism to continue to understand and appreciate their beliefs. I loved this documentary because i've always struggled with religion and this film helped me decide religion wasn't as important as being a good person who helps out those who are less fortunate and who understands the importance in enlarging the ideology of enforcing compassionate viewpoints and a loving system regardless of religious identifications. Religion as a whole has not always been a positive in my vocabulary but i've decided it's helped a decent amount of individuals -- so I appreciate any religion that expresses the importance of warmth and kindness. This film expressed the importance in becoming a kind human being who engages in politically social events, meaning they hold important viewpoints but also understand that individuals need to humanize their endeavors. I felt such a connection to this film because individuals whom I resonated with, such as Sarah Silverman, agreed with my ideals and wanted to help those who are not as fortunate as us. I think this is a very important documentary because it can change the ethics and beliefs of those questioning religion and also those who have grown up in religion and have found the system to not meet the compassionate viewpoints they have hoped. Regardless of the position you hold religiously, it is an eye-opening film that will open your mind.

3. Blackfish

This film has completely backtracked my support of SeaWorld. I am disgusted and appalled with the actions of such SeaWorld members who are supposedly proponents of wildlife. The enragement I feel has been felt by many, and has been a substantial help in the decision to cease the use of killer whales in the SeaWorld agenda. This documentary has helped expose the disgusting nature of wildlife exhibition in popular parks such as SeaWorld. The exposing of animal entertainment helps support parks but also helps perpetuate the continued use of animals as strictly entertainment which shows how inferior animals are to human beings. I believe as well as the directors of 'Blackfish' that humans and animals are equally understandable and compassionate as humans are, if not more. In the documentary, film crews show the heartbreaking scene of a baby orca being captured while his mother is audibly crying for him. This documentary covered the financial aspect of continuing the use of using orcas for human entertainment. This documentary helped me understand the agenda of SeaWorld and information to protest and help the destruction of animals being forced to entertain instead of living a happy -- and scientifically proven, longer-- life. This film is important to watch if you are contemplating importance of wildlife conservation and obliteration of animal entertainment. This film helps individuals understand the other side of the entertainment they see in parks, and has resonated with so many that SeaWorld has lost over one million visitors and protests have forced SeaWorld to stop capturing killer whales to regain business.

These documentaries have shaped lives for the better and are very important films. I suggest watching these documentaries to help open your mind to a more compassionate and caring ideology.