29 Thoughts All Girls Have While Packing For Back To School

The female mind while packing.

4

The time has come to go back to school, and that means one thing: figuring out how to bring your entire wardrobe. 

This summer, the most packing you had to do consisted of throwing bikinis and a few cover-ups in a duffle, while still drunk from the night before. You might have brought along an outfit or two but, upon arrival, you realize they don’t match and you end up mixing and matching with your friends the entire trip. 

But this is the big leagues. The majors, if you will. Who knows when you’re going to need that American flag leotard, or that black maxi-dress with the cutout back you’ve been dying to wear. There are so many options, and making the executive decision between what to bring and what to leave at home may send you into major freak out mode. The males we are friends with laugh; "how hard is it to throw clothes into a luggage?", they say. "Bring some shoes, a few pairs of jeans and you’re good," they say. Oh boys, you have no idea what goes through the female mind during this incredibly stressful time. 

1. Okay, lets start with shoes. 

2. Where are my white Converse? Oh, here they are. How did they get this dirty?! I have to wash them.

3. I’ll remember to do that, later (tosses them over shoulder in dramatic huff). Where are my black heels? 

4. Now that I think of it, I lent them out last semester to I-don’t-even-remember who. Crap. 

5. The pledge class picture will definitely help me discover the culprit; I’ll go on Facebook (spends half an hour on Instagram and Twitter, then finally finds picture on Facebook). 

6. I’ll just have to get those when I get back to school I guess. 

7. I’m, literally, so stressed I can’t even with any more shoes, right now. Like, no. My brain hurts. 

8. Alright, moving on to scarves. That’ll be easy.

9. Is it going to be cold enough to wear infinity scarves? Maybe I’ll bring one. 

10. But both of these are so fall-ish!   

11. Mother of God, they smell like must and beer and feet. Mom! Please wash these! 

12. Whatever, packing these three and calling it a day. 

13. I’m so over this (watches an episode of Gossip Girl).

14. I should probably glance over my shirts now, right? 

15. Maybe, just short sleeves. 

16. Better yet, just crop tops. 

17. Yea. That’s a job in itself. 

18. Where did this shirt even come from; it’s definitely not mine. 

19. Oh, yeah, it is! HAHA. The night I wore this was great...even though I don’t remember most of it (texts the group chat reminiscing about that night).

19. Okay, that’s definitely it for crop tops. 

20. Maybe jeans, now? 

21. Who am I kidding? Leggings. Definitely moving on to leggings.

22. Did I even wear these grey ones, ever? Is it worth bringing them? 

23. I’ll just bring all the black ones. The yogas too, can’t forget those. 

24. Is a bikini necessary? Maybe, a themed party?

25. Wait, does this one even fit me? (tries on four different bathing suits, just because).

26. Why am I so pale? I am so done, I need to tan. I can’t go back to school this pale and gross. How embarrassing. 

27. Maybe I should go to the gym, too. 

28. Who am I? Too far, definitely just gonna tan.

29. I’ll deal with this tomorrow, someone will probably help me, then. Ugh.