26 Reasons Why Boston Will Always Have My Heart

The city of champions.

101
Social Venture Partners

1. Boston Strong

On April 15, 2013 the annual Boston Marathon that takes place on Patriot's Day was disturbed by a terrorist attack. Three people died and more than 260 people were injured. After this happened a manhunt ensued to find the suspects of the bombing where a brave police officer fell to be another victim. Boston's first responders and the city in general came together as a whole to protect and help one another.

The city and surrounding areas literally shut down to bring justice. Now on the anniversary of the bombing, the city announced a holiday called Boston One Day, where the goal is for everyone to commit one act of kindness on that day. Boston is no town to mess with and our strength shines even more today because of this tragic event. We are all one. This is our city.

2. Boston Marathon

Every year thousands participate in the marathon and thousands more gather to cheer on the runners. The marathon is a historical event for Bostonians for more reasons than one and it builds community among us.

3. History

From the Freedom Trail, Paul Revere's House, Boston Tea Party, Lexington and Concord, and the Old State House, you can truly immerse yourself into the history of America.

4. Boston Common

If you want to take a mid-day stroll or a ride on a swan boat, the Common is a place for you.

5. Faneuil Hall

Faneuil Hall has a lot to offer from delicious food to street performances and shops, it is a tourist breeding ground. Around the holidays it is absolutely beautiful with all the lights and the giant Christmas tree.

6. Boston Harbor Islands

Looking for a break from the city? Try a sunset or night time cruise, you won't regret it. Or, take a day trip to George's Island for beautiful sights and history.

7. Sports Teams

Boston is a Title Town, which means we enjoy our victories because they are well deserved. Fans are as loyal as they can get and If you are from around here you know it. The Red Sox, Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots are our heart and soul.

8. Sports Legends

You know all the sports legends from each team because they are house hold names. Larry Bird and Bobby Orr are just to name a few, along with present day legends like David Ortiz and Tom Brady.

9. North End

If you're Italian, you'll love the North End. Between the historical sites and the feasts and festivals, there is something for everyone. Stop by for some desserts at Mike's Pastry or a slice of pizza from Pizzeria Regina, you won't regret it.

10. Always Something To Do

Boston always seems to have a major event happening especially during the summer. A lot of the time these events are also free! Take the Lawn on D for example, a free park featuring music and lawn games along with glowing swings and a dance floor. All you have to do is pay for your drinks if you get any! Boston also has tons of free concerts, events, and even days where you can get into certain places for free, so definitely take advantage!

11. Boston Accents

Even if you don't have a Boston accent, you can appreciate those who do drop their R's. Even the little pieces of slang like calling a roundabout a rotary is super unique to our culture.

12. Famous Actors

You know, Mark Wahlberg, Matt Damon, and Ben Affleck.

13. Masshole Drivers

Around here, we are used to the quick pace and defensiveness of driving. Keep up or get lost.

14. Nor'easter's

If you love snow, you will love Boston and its history of many blizzards. We've basically accepted snow as apart of our culture.

15. Cape Cod

So many Bostonians retire to the Cape for vacations and boy is it a beautiful place.

16. The Beautiful City

Boston really is beautiful especially when the seasons change. Even just seeing the skyline is enough to make you want to head into the city. You can even observe the city from above at the Skywalk Observatory or Top of the Hub.

17. Amazing Colleges

Not only do we have Harvard and MIT, but so many other colleges are located right in the city like BC, BU, Berklee, Northeastern, and so many more.

18. New Year's Eve

Find yourself emerged into the nightlife on New Year's. Stop in around the city for different parties and events, or stroll down to the Harbor for the fireworks at midnight.

19. MBTA

The good old T will get us anywhere we need to be.

20. Healthcare

Brigham & Women's, Tuft's, Mass General, and Boston Children's Hospital just to name a few. You could say we have some of the best medical care in the country.

21. Movies

Boston is the plot line of some of the best movies including "The Town", "Black Mass", "The Departed", and "Good Will Hunting" just to name a few big ones.

22. Iconic Sights

Just driving by some of these sights will catch your eye: The Color Swash Gas Tank, State House, Citgo Sign outside of Fenway Park, Make Way for Ducklings Statues, and the Zakim Bridge just to list a few

23. Museums

Boston has some of the best museums like Museum of Fine Art, Children's Museum, and the Aquarium.

24. We Beat The Curse And Deflate Gate

There is no stopping us.

25. Sports Arenas

Fenway Park and the TD Garden hold a special place in all Bostonians hearts.

26. Food

We are famous for our lobster, clam "chowdah", Dunkin Donuts coffee, and Boston baked beans.

No matter what, everyone can find a soft spot for Boston.