25 Writing Prompts To Knock Out Writer's Block

Writer's block is no fun, but you have to write something!

162
KUT 90.5

As a writer, there is practically nothing that even comes close to how terrible writer's block is. Often brought about by procrastination, it can lead to feelings of inadequacy (and a sense of urgency if there's a deadline involved). In order to avoid that when I'm writing my next article, I will write a list of 25 article topics right now for all to see (mainly because this gives me an excuse to come up with a slew of ideas in advance). Feel free to steal some of these if you're experiencing writer's block too!

1. Write about your favorite fictional character.

2. Write a poem.

3. What is it like to live where you live?

4. Make a list of your favorite jokes and/or horrible puns.

5. Write about a recent fun experience you had.

6. Write about something that makes you feel nostalgic.

7. Write about your pet peeves and why they bother you.

8. Reflect on the day/week/month/year you just had.

9. Write about what you might want to do after graduating from college.

10. Write about what you should probably do more/less of.

11. Write about your favorite class(es).

12. Why is your favorite color your favorite color?

13. Write about your favorite Netflix Originals.

14. Write a letter in the perspective of an alien from outer space.

15. Write an open letter to your favorite food.

16. Take a picture of something awesome and narrate it.

17. Write about what it's like to always have pet hair on your clothes even when you're not around your pets.

18. Write about something that everyone seems to love/hate.

19. Write about your favorite book/book series.

20. Write about the things you can never get rid of.

21. Analyze/change the lyrics of one of your favorite songs.

22. Write about what it might be like if mythical creatures were real.

23. Write about the silly things you were afraid of as a kid.

24. Turn one of your dreams into a narrative (I suggest keeping a dream journal so you can remember what you dreamt in the first place).

25. Write about the best day you've ever had (or about what your ideal day would be like).

So... There you have it! I actually wrote an entire list of potential article topics. This way, I won't be scrambling for something to write about every week. At least, I hope so. Again, if you're a fellow Odyssey creator, if you have a blog or if you just feel like writing something, please use one of these prompts if they're appealing to you. There are many articles like this one, but there can never be too many article topics to choose from! No matter what, don't forget to keep writing!