25 Gifts That 90s Kids Miss Getting For Christmas

It was so much better opening gifts full of toys instead of gifts full of money and clothes.

145

Getting gifts on Christmas was so much better as a kid. Lists to Santa would be packed full of the coolest toys. It was so much better opening gifts full of toys instead of gifts full of money and clothes. So here's a little throwback for all of you 90's babies, here's what Christmas use to be all about.

American Girl Doll

Whether you had an original American Girl Doll or a Look Alike, you probably had matching outfits for you and your doll as well. And if you were super lucky, you took your doll to the hair dressers at the American Girl Factory in Chicago.

Bitty Baby Twins

Also owned by American Girl Dolls, Bitty Babies were the thing to have, and you could get twins! It was every girl's dream.

Littlest Pet Shop

These cute little bobble heads covered my bedroom floor. Hundreds of little animals and their massive play structure, and of course, you need to have the special LPS carrying case.

Webkinz

Whether you had one Webkinz or twenty, being a part of the world of Webkinz was amazing. How cool is it that your stuffed animal could jump onto your computer screen and interact with other friends’ stuffed animals.

Heelys

If you had Heelys, you were cool. But unfortunately for your mother, she had to pay $60 for you to be cool. And then they were banned in many schools due to the risk factor, so there goes $60 down the drain plus the ten hours it took you to learn how to use them.

FurReal Friend

A stuffed animal dog that walks and barks? Sweet! Until you see that there is a life size pony that you can actually ride, then you have to convince your mom to buy you this.

Tamagotchi

Probably one of the most demanding virtual babies ever, the Tamagotchi was a huge hit. You could marry them to your friend’s Tamagotchi and have babies, it was awesome. Unfortunately, if you didn’t give it care at least three times a day, it would die.

Build A Bear

Building your own bear, stuffing it and kissing its heart, that was the best. Then you had hundreds of outfits to choose from and you could even buy a wardrobe to hold all of those clothes.

Barbie

You had the car, the clothes, the Winter Barbie, the Doctor Barbie, and of course, the Princess Barbie.

The Super Nintendo

It’s nothing like the gaming systems the kids get nowadays, but the Super Nintendo was legendary.

The Easy Bake Oven

This food may not have been very edible and probably didn’t taste good, but it was so fun to make!

Skip-it

Besides scooters, Skip-its were one of the worst ankle destroyers. But it was the ultimate competition to see who could get the most skips.

Pretty Pretty Princess Game

The best part of this game was convincing your brother and his friends to play, and sitting in a circle fighting over a crown with boys who are wearing clip on earrings and necklaces.

HIT Clips

Before iPods and mp3 players, HIT Clips were a small and portable way to listen to music. But all you got was about 30 seconds of each song and one headphone.

Cabbage Patch Kids

Cabbage Patch Kids weren't as big with our generation, but if your mom was never able to have one as a kid, you probably had one.

A Club Penguin Membership

Club Penguin was like Webkinz, but for older, cooler kids. It was free to use, until you wanted to visit special places and get certain clothes, then you needed to ask for a Club Penguin Membership for Christmas. Remember the look on your mom’s face as you asked her for a membership to a website full of talking penguins?

Nerf Guns

Nerf guns were needed at every playdate, but with new, more powerful guns coming out often, every Christmas you had to get at least two more.

Nintendo Gameboy

I’m not talking about your touch screen DS, I’m talking about your old school flip up system with three buttons to control your game.

Bratz dolls

The slightly more scandalous version of Barbie, also needed to have a full wardrobe and at least fifteen dolls. And their heads popped on and off, which was pretty cool.

Wii

Remember the Christmas of 2009, where people were literally dying for a Wii? Then people actually thought they could lose weight with Wii Fit and spent hundreds of dollars on that.

Stuffed animals: beanie babies, care bear, etc.

Whatever kind of stuffed animal you loved, there was sure to be plenty under the Christmas tree every year.

Polly Pocket

Since you lost half of the small rubber clothes since last Christmas, you needed to restock Polly’s wardrobe every holiday.

A Shrinky Dink

This machine was incredible. My siblings and I could create small plastic crap for hours. We'd make key chains for mom and watch as she pretended to love it.

Hot Wheels

I don't even remember what we did with Hot Wheels, I just remember that having a Spiderman motorcycle was super cool.

Ride-On Jeep

Only the coolest kids on the block drove around in these. Unfortunately, the battery probably died before you even left your driveway, but you were a 5 year old driving, and that was awesome.

So here's to all the toys that created our childhood and now collect dust in the storage room of the basement. And here's to the kids of this generation who will never get to experience all of these amazing toys.