Having cheered for 9 years, I've accumulated my fair share of fails, experiencing most firsthand or as an eye witness. Because of this (and I think any cheerleader would agree), one of the greatest pleasures of my life is watching cheerleading fails and reliving my own past experiences.
1. Bailing mid-pass.
2. Bailing on your rebound.
3. Bailing before you even start.
4. Forgetting what the heck you were even doing.
5. Screwing up the first back handspring but going for the next one anyways.
6. Letting the distractions get to you.
7. Getting way more height than you expected.
8. Getting no height at all.
9. Trying to tumble with your cheer bestie.
10. Trying to tumble with your cheer bestie while holding hands.
11. Spotting someone and basically letting them die.
12. Tumbling in your backyard to show off—I mean, practice.
13. Going ham on your trampoline to show off—unashamedly.
14. Tumbling on the beach because you’re a bad a**.
15. Stunting on the beach because you’re there with your team, and why not
16. The kick to the face.
17. The butt to the face
18. The floor to the face.
19. The butt to the floor.
20. Runaway flyers.
21. Runaway bases.
22. “Flying” on a chair.
23. Stunting in your house.
24. Pulling flyer positions in your house.
25. And of course, tumbling in your house.
But, no matter how many times you eat mat (or grass, or trampoline, or sand, or carpet)…
You always get right back up and try it again.
P.s. You should totally watch this last video--it's way funnier with the sound.