24 Things That Keep Me Going When Times Are Tough

Some things just help.
89

This is a somewhat personal article because it is unique to me, but I hope that by reading what keeps me afloat will give you inspiration to also make a list of things that help you cope. Some things in here also aren't specific to me but are proven beneficial so I included them per popular demand in our society. With a very stressful life we college students live, it's important to have things to hold onto.

1. My Bed

Even if it is a dorm bed, it's still MY bed!

2. Coffee and Coffee Shops

The more eccentric the better.

3. Online Shopping

Fills cart. Sees $8 shipping. Closes tab.

4. Counseling

This can be professional or someone with a good ear!

5. Coloring Books

These frustrate the living hell out of me, but they seem to be a hit.

6. Good Friends

For your sanity. I mean honestly!

7. Religion

You just pray it out.

8. Cactus Nightlight

SO CUTE!

9. Written goals for the future

You gotta write them down, otherwise, you can't hold yourself accountable.

10. Family

Duh.

11. Significant others

Cue every couple who successfully made it out of cuffing season.

12. Job / Career goals

Dream big.

13. Face Masks

You can't frown if you can't move your face!

14. Netflix

Strive for greatness... watch a whole series in a weekend.

15. Music Anthem

Spotify playlists unite!

16. Future Trips

Two words. Beaches. Mountains.

17. Yoga

What's down, dog?

18. Rowing

Not sure if it helps with being crazy, or makes you crazier.

19. Ice cream

ice cream fixes everything.

20. Saturday nights

You CAN dance! -Drunk you

21. Sunday mornings

No earlier than 11 am... and there have to be mimosas.

22. Cooking / Baking

You get to eat your stress!

23. Memes

For all the gen Z kiddos.

24. Dogs

You're very own hype man, lover, and best friend.

Whatever it is that keeps you grounded, use it to remind yourself how much you are trying and how hard you are working. Not all of these I use, but they all have the potential to help everyone!