23 Perfect Gifts For All The Music Lovers In Your Life

Presents for everyone from Shania Twain golfing enthusiasts to Twenty One Pilots fans and budding vinyl collectors.

290
MTV

Christmastime is closing in, and you’ve got that one musiclover on your list that you just are not sure about. What do they want? What do they need? Music??? You can’t just get them a subscription to a streaming service for a few months because they already are signed up for all of them in order to never miss that elusive exclusive release on Tidal or Apple Music. They go to concerts all the time and seem to have plenty of shirts for their favorite music artists, so what can you possibly do? Here are some gifts that will be sure to please any music enthusiast you know, and maybe some casual music fans as well.

1. Radiohead “A Moon Shaped Pool” Scarf $45

What better what to remind someone that Radiohead finally released a new album this year giving us studio versions of much-awaited songs like “True Love Waits” than this beautiful scarf with the album art? It’s official merchandise. It will also remind your loved one that they probably were unable to see Radiohead live this year or spent an exorbitant amount on tickets from StubHub and Craigslist, so they were likely unable to afford any merch at the show.

2. Taylor Swift 1989 Album Cover Laundry Bag $24.99

Do you have someone on your Christmas list who has a lot of dirty laundry? You know, a lot of items that they try and keep hidden and stacked in the back of, let’s say their “room,” but somehow those items and articles just become visible to everyone that happens to be, we’ll say, in the world? They just can’t seem to keep this dirty laundry private! They’re like, “I wish to be excluded from this narrative of messy people,” but it never happens? Help them out with this laundry bag to stuff all their dirty things in.

3. The 1975 Rose Gold Necklace $25

The 1975 are on everyone’s best-of year-end lists with their album My Title Is Long and Pretentious and We Are So Aware of It, and you probably know someone who really enjoys that album along with the rest of their discography. Here's a great way for them to subtly show their love for the band than a necklace that you can probably also find at Forever 21 for $5. But you now can pay five times that!

4. Fisher Price Classic Record Player $19.99

This one serves a great dual purpose. Obviously, this Fisher Price product is wonderful for any aspiring hipster child so their first words can be “I just prefer the sound of vinyl, you know?” But this is also great for the adult in your life who maybe wants to start a record collection but has not yet. Think of this as a test drive or preview of what the experience would be like to dedicate yourself to the sweet, sweet vinyl life.

5. Boys Like Girls College Ruled Notebook Paper $5.99

While these would have been the ideal pages to write “do you like me?” notes and draft MySpace bulletins 10 years ago, these are nice for the person you know who still thinks that early 2000s pop-punk was the best time for 21st century music (boy, we peaked early) and still has an emo haircut.

6. Cop Rock: The Complete Series DVD $24.93

Maybe you know someone who is a sucker for Law and Order: SVU marathons but also really loves Ice T’s musical career. This is the series they need in their lives. It’s a cop drama! It’s a musical! It’s COP ROCK!

7. Twenty One Pilots Water Bottle $12.90

It’s very important to make sure your friends and family stay hydrated while they’re on Tumblr laughing at memes and reblogging gifs. Plus, with Hot Topic’s constant sales, you can probably score this for less. Also ask your Skeleton Clique loved one if they have some Hot Cash to spare to help pay for this gift.

8. Ramones Light Switch Cover $6.99

Do you know someone who’s really into classic punk because they’re a “purist” and like to launch into very long explanations about their opinions on what’s wrong with punk music today? This gift is great for them and will in no way feel like it devalues the artistic work and contributions of the Ramones at all.

9. Joy Division Unknown Pleasures Shirt $???

(find it literally anywhere, just go to Google, please.)

Did you know this is THE quintessential music shirt to own? If your music-loving friend or family member does not own this shirt, they are not even a music fan. Do they not like Joy Division? Do they not even know who Joy Division are? They can’t name a song off Unknown Pleasures let alone ever heard one? Doesn’t matter. They need this shirt. What else are they going to wear to music festivals to show that they’re cool and subversive?

10. Pink Floyd The Wall Pen $6.99

Your Pink Floyd fan loved one may say they don’t need no education, but they will just rush out trying to find a class to attend where they can take some notes to show off this delightful pen that in no way feels like someone really lost the licensing rights for Pink Floyd in a Connect Four game.

11. Plain White T’s Logo Sunglasses $19.99

Hey there Delilah, what’s it like in New York City? I saw that the forecast was very sunny, and girl you need these sunglasses, yeah you do. UV eye protection is incredibly important, yeah it’s true. Hey there Delilah, don’t worry that this band isn’t relevant anymore, this song was released as a single twice, so now you can show your love for it with these shades. Cover your eyes.

12. Shania Twain Polo Golf Shirt $26.99

For the person you know who has a country club membership and a love for country music. Man, I would feel like a playing a mean game out on the green if I was wearing this. That would impress me much.

13. Wiz Khalifa Notebook $5.99

The perfect gift for the hip-hop head in your life, or the perfect joke gift if you are friends with someone who works at Stereogum or is frequently in their comment section.

14. Kings of Leon Mini Speaker $49

Do you know someone who really loves alternate music after they heard “Use Somebody” and “Sex on Fire” by Kings of Leon on the radio a few years ago? What better way for them to listen to those absolute banging classics than on speakers that say “Kings of Leon” on them? Why pay the same amount for undoubtedly better quality speakers from somewhere else when you can get these?

15. First Act Adam Levine Designer Series Electric Guitar Pack $89.99

Maybe you know someone who has expressed interest in learning to play the guitar, but they just have not gotten around to it yet? Who better to instruct on the guitar than Maroon 5 frontman and The Voice chair-spinny person Adam Levine? He’s just made such a strong name for himself as a musician through his role as a terrible human in the movie Begin Again (and sometimes real life, too).

16. Blake Shelton Onesie $65

In case your loved one who likes watching The Voice is more a Blake Shelton fan than Adam Levine, then go for this cozy option in gift. This comfortable looking onesie will be nice to wear in the cold months with Shelton’s initials of “BS” emblazoned across the chest. It’s funny because I think many of us find that his relationship with Gwen Stefani was BS, but, you know, life goes on.

17. Drake Meek Mill Custom Faces Nike Elite Socks $23.99

What better way to remember that time Meek Mill thought he could take on Aubrey Graham, Wheelchair Jimmy, the 6God himself, the man who broke streaming records in 2016, Drake. Everyone basically loves Drake, those streaming records told us so, which means you cannot go wrong buying these delightful socks as a gift for anyone on your Christmas list.

18. Coldplay Hindi Logo T-Shirt $29.95

Don’t you fucking dare buy this piece of unaware colonialism bullshit for anyone ever, oh my god.

19. Ticketmaster Shirt $15.99

If you know someone who goes to a lot of concerts, they have definitely dealt with the delightful company that is Ticketmaster. They would totally love a shirt to represent the wonderful ticket selling corporation that makes the ticket buying process such a smooth and easy experience. Ticketmaster is so nice to music fans that after they were sued regarding their fees and lost resulting in a requirement to pay customers back, they did it by giving away vouchers for tickets! Tickets that were in limited quantities and to specific shows, and they have since given away the equivalent amount to the settlement even though not everyone they owed money to technically was able to even reap these rewards. But hey, Ticketmaster yay!

20. Bruno Mars Pinky Ring Necklace $25

Bruno Mars was once again a shining pop star this year when we needed him, and this is a gift that contains some of that shine. If you know someone who loves his music and style, this necklace is a great option. It has all the charm of Mars’s pinky ring without needing to actually wear it on your pinky.

21. DJ Khaled Keys Open Doors Shirt $30

If there is anything on this list that you actually need to buy, it is maybe this shirt. The straightforward message that is supposed to have deeper meaning somehow transcends to a different plane intelligence that only the man who would Snapchat being lost at sea could achieve.

22. The Beatles White Album Puzzle $20.99

You definitely know someone who likes The Beatles and puzzles. They will absolutely love the fun they will have completing the edges of the puzzle and then slowly going insane at the expanse of white pieces that they then must somehow traverse in order to maybe one day complete this fun-filled activity. The mental breakdown they have putting this together might result in them really reaching a new level of understanding when listening to Sgt. Peppers.

23. Fall Out Boy Wrapping Paper $18

Well, you’re going to need something to wrap all these wonderful musical gifts up in, aren’t you? What better than the faces and logo of the one band from the early 2000s that has managed to survive it all and continued to exist. Good for you, Fall Out Boy. Dance dance, mumble mumble, and a happy holiday.