22 Things That Happen When You Have A Dog

Cause there's no best friend like your dog.

300

My family recently got a puppy, who is now barely a puppy because he is seven months old and freaking huge. Since my family got Koda, there has been a lot of changes in our family. Most of these changes have been good, except for that fact that our dog eats everything in our household and has destroyed many socks and other household items. Besides that slight issue, I have realized the many things that happen when you have a dog.

1. There is always someone to welcome you home.

With a happy face and wagging tail.

2. You have a permanent best friend.

Whether they agree to it or not.

3. Not only do you have a best friend, but a loyal best friend.

For real dogs will never betray you.

4. You sometimes come home to find surprises from your best friend.

And then you question if you really are best friends.

5. You have dog hair on all your clothes.

But it’s just a reminder of your pup.

6. You become emotionally attached.

Whatever emotion your dog goes through, you go through too.

7. You have a constant cuddle buddy.

Even if the cuddles are forced at time.

8. Exercising is actually enjoyable.

Running isn’t so bad when you have someone at your side.

9. You have a garbage disposal.

Don’t want that last piece of dinner; your dog would love to have it.

10. You eat more chocolate since you can’t share with them.

Not sure if this happens to everyone but has definitely happened to me.

11. You gain some responsibility.

You have someone else to look after and watch over.

12. Anxiety is reduced.

Nothing more soothing than petting a dog.

13. Happiness is increased.

So many smiles and laughs.

14. Your social media is almost all dog pictures and videos.

You just have to show the world how cute your pup is.

15. Your sleep suffers.

Why do you have to pee right when I fall asleep?

16. You go outside more.

Even if it is forced because you have to chase the dog down.

17. When you’re not with them you spend your time looking at pictures of them.

Sometimes you spend a little too much of your free time.

18. You show everyone pictures of them.

Without them even asking.

19. You speak to them a lot.

A LOT.

20. They understand you when you speak to them.

At least that’s what you think.

21. You are never bored.

You have someone to always entertain you whether they are eating or playing.

22. You learn unconditional love.

Despite your dogs mess-ups and sneaky surprises you love them no matter what and they love you even when you don’t share your food.