21 Things We Love About JMU

21 Things We Love About JMU

Welcome to the family, class of 2021!

1064
21 Things We Love About JMU
Jennifer Ann

James Madison University has felt like home since the moment I stepped on campus. Located in the heart of the Shenandoah Valley, it's one of the most beautiful places that I've been to. JMU is more than a university, it is a tight-knit community. It's a community that cares about one another, and about their campus. I've been lucky to be a Duke for the past three years, and it's been the best thing that has happened to me. There are many things to love about this school, but here are a few that make JMU unlike any other place you've been to.

1. The people.

Look around campus on a normal day and you will see that everyone is smiling. You will never find a happier campus, or people that are willing hold the door open for you. At ALL times.

2. The Quad.

Best place to sit, eat, relax and throw a frisbee. Easily the prettiest location on campus.

3. The food.

Nationally ranked as having the best food, there are TON of options to pick from and you will not be disappointed.

4. The professors.

JMU has professors that are passionate and excited about their classes. They're always willing to help students in any way that they can.

5. The location.

Less than a 30-minute drive from Skyline drive, unlimited hiking trails, and Massanutten Resort, there is always something to do.

6. Downtown Harrisonburg.

Perfect place to explore, shop, and eat! (Kline's and Billy jacks are must haves)

7. Game days.

The students will be decked out in purple and gold, and streamers will be flying.

8. The sunsets.

Some of the prettiest and unbelievable sights. Be ready to Instagram.

9. The parties, when appropriate.

Because the dukes have a work hard, play hard mentality.

10. In particular, the day parties.

music, friends, free drinks, and bull riding. What more could you want?

11. The UREC.

Our brand new state of the art gym, available to cater to all your fitness needs.

12. The JMU fight song.

You'll hear this song so often that you'll be able to recite it in your sleep.

13. Duke Dog.

Easily best mascot around.

14. Frog week.

For the freshman it's a week full of orientation activities and events that will make JMU feel like home. For the older grade's it's a full week to be with your friends before the new school year starts.

15. Clubs and organizations.

With over 300 clubs and organizations, there's something for everyone to get involved with!

16. Sororities and Fraternities.

Whether it's a social, service, or academic organization, you'll be sure to find your second family there.

17. Quad Cats.

If you pet them before an exam they'll bring you good luck right?

18. The dog food smell when it rains.

Weird and confusing? yes. But JMU wouldn't be the same without it.

19. Our school pride is unmatched.

We bleed purple and gold.

20. JMU is all about tradition.

exploring the tunnels, stealing a quad brick, and senior year campus crawl are just a few of the things that we have to check off our bucket lists before we graduate.

21. The fact that you could be whoever you want to be, and you will be accepted by everyone.

Congrats #JMU21! I hope you are ready for the best years of your life. We can't wait to see what you achieve at this amazing place!