21 Things To Do In Philadelphia If You're Under 21

It's always sunny in Philadelphia.

4335
PhilaWest

The city is a wonderful place to be, and everything just naturally gets even more wonderful in the summer, right? There is a plethora of things to do in the city of brotherly love throughout these next few months of glorious freedom, especially if you're under the age of 21. From festivals to segways, there is something for everyone to enjoy because it's always sunny in Philadelphia. Here are 21 things to do in the city if you're under 21.

1. Philadelphia Chinese Lantern Festival

Dates: Now to June 12

Watch the night light up in Franklin Square with Chinese performances including acrobats, face-changing, and traditional Chinese dance and music. Tickets are $17 for adults, and $12 for individuals under 17.

2. Philadelphia Segway Tours

Dates: All summer

Check out Wheel Fun Rentals outside of the Independence Visitor Center to experience over 30 of the city's most popular destinations and attractions, all on two wheels. Prices range from $70 to $90 per person, with tours lasting about three hours.

3. Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest

Dates: Now to September 5

Skate and play on the Delaware River at the first and only outdoor skating rink that is surrounded by beautiful landscaping. And it only costs $3 to skate!

4. The Philadelphia Zoo

Dates: All summer

Who doesn't love the zoo? From the African Plains to Monkey Junction, this zoo features a wide array of animals that people of all ages are sure to enjoy. Home to 1,300 animals, this 42-acre oasis draws in 1.35 million visitors each year. Adult admission is $23.

5. Spruce Street Harbor Park

Dates: Now to early September

This summer gathering space features colored hammocks, floating gardens, beautiful lights and food for both locals and visitors. Two new hammock lounges can also be reserved for premium outdoor seating of up to 20 people. There are also arcade and lawn games, including ping pong and shuffleboard courts.

6. The Science Behind Pixar at The Franklin Institute

Dates: Now to September 5

Experience a first-time look into some of your favorite animated films at The Franklin Institute. There are over 40 interactive elements throughout the exhibit, which showcases technology, science, engineering and math to demonstrate how Pixar brings its movies to life. Daytime tickets are $29.95, and evening tickets are $19.95.

7. Magical Mosaics Walking Tours

Dates: All summer

Take a walk through the shimmering murals of Philadelphia's Magic Gardens, designed by Isaiah Zagar. The tour will take visitors through two galleries, an outdoor sculpture labrinyth and 3,000 square feet of mosaic space. Tours cost $7.50 per person.

8. Screenings Under the Stars

Dates: Thursdays in July and August

Every Thursday night in July and August, a different film will be screened outdoors on a big screen at Penn’s Landing. Admission is free. Here are the films schedules to screen:

July 9: "The Goonies"

July 16: "The Wizard of Oz"

July 23: "Back to the Future"

July 30: "Home"

August 6: "Annie"

August 13: "Lego Movie"

August 20: "Cinderella"

August 27: "Guardians of the Galaxy"

9. "West Side Story"

Dates: June 15 to July 3

Check out this classic as part of the Pennsylvania Shakespeare Festival. Performances are expected to sell out quickly, so it's strongly advised tickets are purchased in advanced.

10. Pay-What-You-Wish Sundays at Philadelphia Museum of Art

Dates: Every Sunday all summer

Discover art from the United States, Asia, Europe and Latin America at one of the largest and most famous museums in the country.

11. Please Touch Museum

Dates: All summer

This interactive museum will stimulate your creativity and imagination. Since its grand opening in 2008, exhibits at this museum have included a 40-foot replica of the Statue of Liberty’s arm and torch, as well as a restored carousel that dates to 1908. Admission for adults is $17.

12. Independence Hall

Dates: All summer

See the room where the Declaration of Independence and the U.S. Constitution were both signed at this famous landmark, a staple in the City of Brotherly Love. Independence Hall tickets are free.

13. Nightscape: A Light and Sound Experience at Longwood Gardens

Dates: August 3 to October 29

Longwood Gardens’ nighttime installation takes guests on an immersive journey around the Gardens. This innovative display showcases never-before-seen views of Longwood at night. Tickets are $27 for individuals above the age of 19, and $17 for individuals who are 18 or younger.

14. Made in America Music Festival

Dates: September 3 to September 4

This festival is a great way to end the summer season in Fairmount Park. The lineup for this year's performers has not yet been released, but previous years have showcased artists such as Beyonce, Nick Jonas, Halsey, J. Cole and The Weeknd.

15. XPoNential Music Festival

Dates: July 22 to July 24

Presented by Subaru, this festival features a lineup of established and up-and-coming artists on WXPN 88.5FM, along with a variety of family-friendly activities all on the Camden Waterfront.

16. Slide the City

Date: Saturday, August 6

Enjoy live music, food, water and the biggest slip-and-slide ever to hit asphalt this August. Wristbands can be purchased online for about $30 each.

17. Wawa Welcome America

Dates: June 27 to July 4

Celebrate independence at this eight-day festival that features free special events and activities throughout the city of brotherly love before a firework display on the Benjamin Franklin Parkway on Independence Day.

18. The Marvel Experience at Lincoln Financial Field

Dates: June 19 to July 5

Become a part of the experience with famous characters such as the Hulk, Iron Man and Spiderman with this immersive experience that features a thrilling motion ride. Tickets start at $39.90.

19. The Philadelphia Orchestra Free Concert

Date: Wednesday, June 15

A string quintet of musicians from The Philadelphia Orchestra will host a free neighborhood chamber concert as part of the Pastorius Park Free Summer Concert Series. The program includes works by Mozart, Lanner, J. Strauss Jr. and Sr., and Dvorak’s String Quintet in G major, Op. 77.

20. Lancaster Avenue Jazz and Arts Festival

Date: Saturday, July 16

People’s Emergency Center is hosting this festival to celebrate its 10th anniversary and Women in Jazz at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center’s Saunders Park Greene. Guests can enjoy food trucks and vendors, artists, resources and family-friendly activities at this event.

21. East Passyunk Car Show and Street Festival

Date: Sunday, July 31

The largest block party of the year will feature show cars, live music, crafts and more. Attendance is free.