21 Things That Are Irrelevant Until College

Clothes and accessories that don't make sense to anyone but a college student.

283455
Natalie Zacek and Jess Blondin

College is an interesting place.

We think we are becoming adults, growing into who we are supposed to be, and while (hopefully) that's happening, we also catch on to some pretty unique trends. Although it differs from university to university, depending on the location, weather, etc., here is a list of clothes and accessories that were irrelevant until you came to college.

1. Oversized T-shirts (short or long-sleeved)

So even if you've just rolled out of bed, no one will know.

2. Laptop stickers

You can rep your letters while looking studious.

3. Ugly sandals

Looking at you, Chacos and Birkenstocks. They may be ugly, but they are also comfortable.

4. Nike shorts

So you can at least look like you went to the gym.

5. White high-top Converse sneakers

Very cute, but I'm not sure how this came to be a thing.

SEE ALSO: What Nobody Is Going To Tell You About Freshman Year

6. Backpack buttons

Because why not put your letters on everything you own?

7. Iced coffee

Delicious and energizing.

8. Ray-bans

No makeup? No problem.

9. High-waisted shorts

An excuse to wear short-shorts without showing too much skin.

10. Baseball caps

When dry shampoo just isn't cutting it.

11. Nike running shoes

So your feet aren't killing you by the end of the day.

12. Riding boots/Hunter boots

Keeps those feet warm while looking good.

13. North Face or Patagonia fleeces

The warmest jackets you'll ever wear.

14. Game day pins

Remind you that you're "always wearing your letters," even while tailgating.

15. Frat tanks

To show how much the gym is paying off.

16. Anoraks

Keep you warm while protecting you from the elements (i.e. wind and rain).

SEE ALSO: 34 Things I Should Have Brought To College At The Start Of Freshman Year, But Didn't

17. Flannels

For added warmth, whether they're tied around the waist or worn normally.

18. Spirit Jerseys

Huge and comfy.

19. Fleece or puffer vests

Perfect for those 50 degree fall days.

20. Flower crowns

Used way more than you think, from Bid Day to Waltzes.

21. Longchamp tote bags

Because they carry everything, from your laptop to your water bottle.