Birkenstocks Are The Best Shoes Ever, Here's Why

11 Reasons Why Birkenstocks Are The Greatest Shoe Ever

What can I say, they BirkenROCK.

27302
Photo by Lily Moe

You've seen them around and you've seen your friends rocking them, maybe even with socks. You've asked yourself why you haven't tried a pair. Or maybe you're a long-standing hater of Birks. That's fine, I'm here to convince you why you're absolutely, completely, wrong — because Birkenstocks freaking BirkenROCK.

1. They have a cute nickname.

“Let me go grab my Birks and we can go!"

2. That foot support though...

OK, these shoes can seriously not be topped in their comfort. The arch support is top tier. To quote the Birkenstock website itself, their shoes are “orthopedically inspired." Find a comfier sandal, I dare you.

3. Traditionally, they're some of the all-time greats.

Birkenstocks have been around since 1774. They are older than America! What? Clearly, they're doing something right. Jesus would approve.

4. Can't get much more versatile than these right here.

You can wear them casually with your T-shirt and running shorts. You can wear them with a casual summer dress. Guys wear them. Girls wear them. Everyone wears Birks, however, and whenever, they want. Going to the beach? Birks. Going through airport security? Birks. Hanging out at home? Birks.

5. With their gajillion options, you're going to find a pair you love.

OK, maybe not a gajillion, but there are seriously so many different types of Birkenstocks you can get. There's the classic two-strap Arizona and three-strap Florida styles, but there are also wedges, thongs, toe straps... the list goes on. On top of that, there are also an infinite variety of fabrics, such as suede, waterproof, leather, and so on. Imagine all of those combinations.

6. Celebs love them.

Vanessa Hudgens, Jessica Alba, Naomi Watts, the Olsen twins, and more. Birkenstocks are a hot commodity.

7. You may even consider wearing them with socks.

It may look kind of lame, but boy is it practical.

8. Birks are ~worldwide~

Birkenstock is actually headquartered in Germany, despite its endless American success. The shoes are sold in over 90 countries around the world. You forget your Birks on vacation? No worry, pick up a new pair while you're traveling.

9. The shoes themselves are pretty photogenic.

Who doesn't love to document their cute feet in Birks?

10. They're not Chacos

That's all.

11. Birkenstocks NEVER die.

You could literally buy a pair of Birks now and wear the same pair to your grave (they may just be a little worn.) 100 percent not exaggerating. So worth the investment.