21 Back-To-School Gifts College Students Actually Want

Even if they're not poor, they're kind of tight on cash.
4170

As back-to-school season approaches, you may have shopping for a particular college student on your mind. In case you want to get them a parting gift, whether for their freshman or senior year, here are a few ideas every college student would love to receive.

1. Fast food gift cards

Chipotle, Wendy's, you know, the college kid's natural diet.

2. Pens

We always have them, but we're also always losing them.

3. Scratch Off Tickets

I could think of a million cheesy things to add in a post it note with these.

4. Texts

A simple “hope your semester is starting off well" text warms a student's heart.

5. A printer cartridge

Expensive, but a blessing they will appreciate for the whole first half of the semester.

6. Grocery store gift cards

Someone has to buy groceries sometime to feed the whole apartment.

7. Inspiration

A quick text or quote from some college educated successful person would help.

8. Extra cardboard boxes

Even though they just moved home a month ago, somehow all the boxes from that move have disappeared.

9. A clothing store gift card

No guilt buying a new outfit if the only place you can spend the twenty dollars is Forever 21.

10. Duct tape

Anything can be fixed by duct tape.

11. A good old-fashioned card

Getting mail is a whole new level of excitement for college students.

12. Target gift card

Everyone loves Target, right?

13. School bookstore bucks

They can get that super expensive school sweater for half off and it seems reasonable.

14. Regular bookstore gift cards

After dropping 200+ dollars on school books our pockets are feeling turned out for buying the book we really want.

15. Printed photos

Even if it's just one picture from your trip to the fair with them, it'll probably go on the cork board.

16. Pocket money

Just thirty bucks and the stipulation that the money be used for something fun.

17. Sit-down restaurant gift cards

Olive Garden financial aid, here we come.

18. Office supplies of any kind

They're needed and appreciated. Even just a package of sticky notes.

19. Prayers

Even though we love school, we're going to miss our families and we're going to hate our homework.

20. School supplies

That extra spiral notebook you have stuffed in the dusty junk drawer? Rip out the one page you wrote on and it's one less notebook they have to buy.

21. Love and good vibes

Just send it out there, through a text or tweet or Facebook comment or phone call. It's always appreciated.