Top 10 Reasons Why Wegmans Is The Best Grocery Store Ever

"I always say shopping anywhere else is shopping, and that shopping at Wegmans is an experience...whenever I go anywhere else, I always say, "This isn't Wegmans.". - Barbara Davis

268

1. Every trip to Wegmans is like a fashion show.

Always put your best foot forward. At Wegmans, the judgment does not come from what is in your cart, rather what you are wearing. Whether it be grocery trips after mass in your Sunday best, or quick runs to grab a few things, people are going to judge you based on your outfit. Picking out a fab outfit for a grocery trip may seem inane to many, but here you must pretend like it is an occasion. Saunter in there with your new favorite coat and matching boots, radiate confidence, and let the entire town know that you clearly are the most put together and have the most style.

2. The colorful array of local produce and beautiful assortment of fruits and vegetables (that will make any OCD person cry for joy) that greets you as soon as you enter.

Fruits and vegetables that I have never even heard of are available at Wegmans. Deliciously fresh fruit, grown at local farms, is enough to make your mouth water as you first walk in the store. It is almost overwhelming. Don't forget to check out the case of truffles in the locked, clear plastic container – it is probably the most expensive food there, as you can buy a pound for $1000.

3. Workers are always friendly.

In order to maintain the healthy lifestyle that Wegmans promotes, at my local store, every two hours all of the workers come out from their stands and participate in group yoga. All customers are welcome to participate, joining in on a town yoga lesson. After the early mornings of baking bread, and the dreaded long nights of working, it benefits everyone!

4. Wide range of international foods available.

Looking for that weird sauce that you tried at that one restaurant abroad? Wegmans has got it! The most delectable, and sometimes strangest, foods can be found in the international isles. Try out some new foods, use authentic ingredients that your grandmother uses to make her traditional foods, or just spend your time walking through the isles questioning what exactly these foods are made out of.

5. Selection of diet-friendly foods will cure all your gluten-free, vegan, dairy-free woes.

Other grocery stores do not compare to the copious amounts of diet friendly foods that stock the tall shelves of Wegmans. Bright and happy, organized to perfection, these isles will warm the heart of any person who is looking for a way to fulfill any sort of substitute of a food they have had to cut out. The wide variety and enormous selection that Wegmans offers beats any other stores attempt at a diet friendly section.

6. Pastries and breads are cooked fresh, daily and crafted to perfection.

Rise and shine! Up at the crack of dawn, Wegmans bakers and pastry chefs begin working to ensure that customers will get the best quality food possible. Taking a trip to the store in the early mornings? You can be sure that you will be greeted with the beautiful aroma of freshly baked bread. Need to pick up a last minute dessert for a party or special occasion? Their cakes are to die for, and their pastries make your mouth water instantly.

7. Because the Weganator exists.

A 30' pizza topped with all the glorious foods the world can offer is what makes Wegmans such a magical place. Personally, I have never seen anyone walk out of the store with one, and I'm not quite sure how it would even fit in a box. But for those lonely nights when your stomach feels like a bottomless pit, or for those get-togethers at your place where you question how you will feed all the people, Wegmans becomes your best friend. Life without pizza is a life not worth living.

8. The atmosphere.

Each Wegmans has its own unique feel. Whether it be a two-story supersized store with dining upstairs, or a small-scale grocery store that creates a small, colonial atmosphere, Wegmans can always ensure that your experience will be nothing short of perfect. Walking around the store makes your heart jump for joy, everything seems so quaint. It is surprising to hear that grocery trips can be fun, and thanks to Wegmans it is.

9. Their own brand food is better than name brand foods.

Controversial, I know, but the Wegmans O's are better than the name brand oreo's. Not only are many of Wegmans store brand foods much better than the stereotypical foods, they are also much cheaper. It's a win win!

10. Walking through the flower shop is like walking through the secret garden.

Any type of flower arrangement you need, they have it. The sweet odor that flows throughout the store is all thanks to the wonderfully decorated flower shop. The high-quality flowers and delicate handling of the florist will be sure to brighten any occasion.