In 2019, I Read The Book. In 2020, I'm Writing The Book.

Time for a new chapter to start

53

As this year comes to a close, there is a lot to look back on and be thankful for. I graduated with my Bachelors, got a full-time job, moved to Arizona, went to Ireland for the third time, got in a relationship with my boyfriend. This year was a big year, but this year was full of a lot of learning. Learning how to live on my own, learning to be an adult, learning how to be in a Christian relationship. And a lot of the time, I didn't really know what I was doing. I've thankfully come a long way from the beginning of the year, but in the new year I am going to grow even more.

I have figured out how to be an adult and do what I need to do. I have gotten used to working everyday. Paying my own bills, being a good girlfriend, but by no means am I perfect or do I still have everything figured out. Even though I don't, with this new year, I am going to be making big leaps.

2019 was my year to figure out how to do a lot of things. 2020 is my year to really implement and act out what I learned. Whatever your 2019 looked like, take what you learned there and implement that into everything that you will do in 2020. People have been making so many jokes about a decade ending and a new one beginning. No matter how funny or ironic the joke may be, really think about what that means. A whole decade is done and a new one is starting, a new start.

A decade has passed and a new one is starting, do the things that you want to do, grow in the ways you want to grow, follow the dreams you want to follow. No matter how cheesy New Year's can be take the opportunity to really think about what you want because this is the time to take what you've learned and keep growing.

I learned a lot about what I want to do in life and who i want to be in 2019. 2020 is the year that I am going to start putting that into action. Now this does not mean that I am not going to grow in 2020, actually, I hope to grow even more in 2020. But this upcoming year I am going to really hone in on the things that I want to achieve. Grow in the ways that I want to grow and be able to continue to grow in my relationship with God. In the end, that is the biggest and most important goal.

Even if this last year, years or decade has been not the best or if it has been pretty good, this new year and new decade is a time to make a new start. You can make a new start whenever you want, so instead of just sitting there and reading the book of life, take a chance, stand up and get out there and write the book.