2018 Is Your Year, Don't Doubt It

2018 Is Your Year, Don't Doubt It

Goals to help sustain a healthy lifestyle.

195
2018 Is Your Year, Don't Doubt It
Unsplash

When I think about a New Year’s resolution, I cannot put my finger on one main idea or goal. But overall, everything that I have thought of surrounds a greater theme - the theme of a healthy and balanced lifestyle.

Although, my main goal that trumps all others, is the consistency in which I will actually follow to sustain these goals.

Goal 1: The rest of your life simply cannot be balanced if your body isn’t. I will strive to get on a normal sleeping pattern; such as sleeping between 8 and 10 hours per night.

Goal 2: Your body needs nutrients in order to fully function. I will try to get on a healthier eating pattern, along with cutting out foods which I know bring my energy levels down. I have always been someone who skips breakfast out of pure laziness, despite the fact that I know it is said to be the most important meal of the day - eating breakfast is another goal in itself! Along with balanced eating, I will aim to drink approximately two or more liters of water per day. On days that I am exercising, water consumption will be even more crucial.

Goal 3: Once again, I am bashing the internet on the internet… Growing up in a generation surrounded by technology we sometimes forget to put it down. I am very attached to my phone and other devices, so I want to begin to limit screen-time when I can. It is quite difficult now a days, with schools using various online platforms to teach their curriculum, but when I can I want to be able to put it down and realize we do not need it in life to function!

Goal 4: Inspired by various YouTubers such as Lauren Elizabeth and Claudia Sluewski; I want to begin using a five-minute journal. The five-minute journal is a quick daily activity which is used to remind and reflect. The goal of the five-minute journal is to begin and end every single day with gratitude.

What are your 2018 goals?