2017 Is The Year Of Fighting Back

2017 Is The Year Of Fighting Back

Fight for what you think is right.

3
2017 Is The Year Of Fighting Back
Think Positive Mag

Now that 2017 is approaching it's time to leave 2016 in the past and look onward to the future of our lives and the lives around us.

2016 was a difficult year for many of us; personally and politically this wasn't the best year, but now it is gone and it's time we make changes; and no, I do not mean the "new year new me" BS, I mean the changes to make you excel in your future and the changes to make the world we live in a better place.

See in 2016 I didn't do anything, and many of us didn't either. I wasn't making a difference in my life and if anything I was stuck in a bubble. A bubble I really didn't want to get out of. But after a few thoughts about my life and how I only have two years left of college I realized it's time to pop that bubble and make something of myself. I want to make a difference and I want to opens others eyes to make a difference too. I want people to realize that we need to stop sitting around at home doing nonsense and become something in our society, and when I say something I don't mean become a doctor or a lawyer I mean help those less fortunate, donate when you can, do random acts of kindness, and fight against inequality.

Society isn't perfect and lately with all the racism, terrorism, homophobia and much more I think it's time we say "shut up" to those A-holes and fight back. Yes, there are many people who fight back, but this is to the people who want to but are afraid to. This is specifically for the people who want to have a say in society but are too afraid to speak up, this is your year. This is your year to make change for the better. We will fight back no more than ever. That doesn't mean physically fight (unless they hit you) but I do mean fight against the injustices of our world and make our voices heard.

Now more than ever we need to be heard. Especially with the inauguration of our new President happening a few weeks away. Don't get me wrong I don't wish bad luck to him because not only would we be stuck with Pence as President, but also because I don't wish bad luck on this country. If Trump fails, then that means we will also fail, and I do not want this country to collapse in such a time that we are trying to change it for the better. I don't and will never like Trump as my president, but I have no choice but to wish him the best. Wish that he will not be the racist, sexist, homophobic man towards the minority American people; and if he will be like that, then let it be clear that I, myself will be in the front lines protesting against he rule. See 2017 is the year our generation makes a difference. It's time for the older generation to stop judging us and seeing us as weak and lazy, because all we want to do is make change.

This is our year. This is the year that society bows down and listens to us, because we aren't talking BS anymore.