20 Years, 20 lessons

20 Years, 20 lessons

126
20 Years, 20 lessons
Zoe Patterson

20 life lessons for 20 years:

In 20 years, you learn a lot of things. These are some of the most important life lessons I carry with me on a day to day basis.

1. Every day is a new day. Soak in each moment for what it's worth.

2. Be who you are and be proud of it, you will be a lot happier.

3. Life is a process, and it's not always going to be perfect.

4. You don't always get what you want, but that's not always bad. Be patient and wait for the good things you deserve.

5. Forgiveness beneits two people -- the giver and the receiver.

6. Push yourself. Don't ever get satisfied and don't ever settle.

7. Step outside the box. Comfort zones get boring. Challenge yourself.

8. If it doesn't challenge you, it definitely won't change you.

9. Chase your dreams.

10. Know that everything happens for a reason.

11. Love yourself.

12. The little things that you hate now, one day, you'll realize they were the big things. Love the little things in life.

13. Hug your family a little tighter every day. They love and cherish you more than you know.

14. Don't take things for granted.

15. Always remember, you are who you surround yourself with.

16. The word impossible contains it's opposite: "I'm Possible."

17. Don't fear change. It's consistent. Face it.

18. It's in losing yourself that you find yourself.

19. Your thoughts are powerful, make them positive.

20. Most importantly, never EVER give up. The best is yet to come.

And I will end with one of my favorite quotes:

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain."