20 Things To Do In Pittsburgh For Under $20

Don't fall victim to cabin fever this summer.

97
wikimedia

It happens every year. You get overly excited that summer is coming, and when it gets here, you waste it sitting around not knowing what to do. When you try to make plans and ask your friends where they want to go the conversations usually ends at "I don't know" or "I don't have any money." Don't fall victim to cabin fever this year, here is a list of of 20 different things to do this summer around the Pittsburgh area for under $20.

1. Summer Fridays At The Frick

Every Friday evening this summer until September 2, you can enjoy live entertainment, activities and a variety of dining options at the Frick Art and Historical Center. For a full summer schedule check here: http://www.thefrickpittsburgh.org/visitor-informat.

Admission: Free

2. Mellon Square Summer Concerts

Live music every Thursday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. For the list of performers look here: http://pittsburghpa.gov/citiparks/mellon-square-com.

Admission: Free

3. Cinema In The Park

Enjoy a free movie night at Arsenal Park, Brookline Memorial Park, Schenley Park, Flagstaff Park, Mt. Washington, Reservoir Drive, Observatory Hill, West End/Elliot Overlook or at Mellon Square. Dates vary by location, check the schedule here: http://apps.pittsburghpa.gov/citiparks/2016_CINEMA.

Admission: Free

4. Stars At Riverview

A summer of incredible jazz music, every Saturday from 7 to 8:30 p.m. at Riverview Park. For a list of performers check here: http://pittsburghpa.gov/citiparks/riverview-jazz-series

Admission: Free

5. Randyland

Randyland is the home of artist Randy Gilson, located in Pittsburgh's Northside. Visitors are welcome to explore the public art displays in and around the home.

Admission: Free (donations accepted)

6. Center For PostNatural History

The Center for PostNatural History is a museum of organisms that have been intentionally altered by humans.

Admission: Free

7. Picklesburgh

Pittsburgh pickle festival will go on July 15 and 16 from noon to 10 p.m. Enjoy live music and everything pickled.

Admission: Free

8. Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens

Admission: Adult $15, Student $14, Children $11

9. Andy Warhol Museum

Admission: Adult $20, Students and Children $10

10. Explore Pittsburgh by bike

Every Saturday (weather permitting) from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., you can go on a bike tour traveling on the cities riverfront trails while highlighting the cities landmarks, public art, bridges, history and more. Admission includes a bike and a helmet. If you prefer to ride solo, you can rent a bike for as little as $8 an hour.

Admission: $20

11. Go to a Pirates game

Admission: Ticket prices as low as $6.

12. Visit Pittsburgh Zoo and PPG Aquarium

Admission: Adult $16, Children $14

13. Citiparks Swimming

Spend a day by one of Citiparks' outdoor swimming pools.

Admission: $5

14. Mattress Factory Museum

A contemporary art museum and experimental lab featuring installations from artists around the world. Visit on Tuesdays for half priced admission.

Admission: Adults $20, Students $15, Kids under 6 are free

15. Photo Antiquities Museum

Admission: Adults $10 Students $8 Children 5-12 are free

16. Western Pennsylvania Sports Museum

Admission: Adults $15, Students $6, Children under 5 are free

17. Kayak in Pittsburgh

Admission: $16 per hour

18. ToonSeum

A small museum dedicated to comic and cartoon arts.

Admission: Adults $8, Students $7, Children 6-12 $4, Children under 5 are free

19. Dependable Drive-In Movie Theater

Admission: Adult $8, Children $3

20. Steel City Indoor Karting

Pittsburgh's first all-electric indoor go-kart track.

Admission: One race is $19.99

Don't let "there's nothing to do" be an excuse for sitting on your couch all summer. Enjoy the weather because before you know it, it will be so cold out your nostrils freeze together when you try to breathe. Let every day be an adventure.