20 Small Tattoos With Big Meanings

20 Tiny Tattoos With Big Meanings

Tattoos with meaning you can't deny.

3120823
20 Tiny Tattoos With Big Meanings

It's tough to find perfect tattoos with meaning.

You probably want something permanent on your body to mean something deeply, but how do you choose a tattoo that will still be significant in 5, 10, 15, or 50 years? Over time, tattoos have lost much of their stigma and many people consider them a form of art, but it's still possible to get a tattoo you regret.

So here are 20 tattoos you can't go wrong with. Each tattoo has its own unique meaning, but don't blame me if you still have to deal with questions that everyone with a tattoo is tired of hearing!

SEE RELATED: "Please Stop Asking What My Tattoos Mean"

A semicolon

A semicolon indicates a pause in a sentence but does not end. Sometimes it seems like you may have stopped, but you choose to continue on.

"A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor."

Unclosed Delta, Strategy Symbols

Top symbol: unclosed delta symbol which represents open to change. Bottom symbol: strategy.

Open Moon

"There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls."

Viking Symbol

Meaning "create your own reality."

Greek symbol of Inguz

Where there's a will, there's a way

Deer

Psalm 18:33 "He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he causes me to stand on the heights."

'Ohm'

Represents 4 different states of consciousness and a world of illusion: waking (jagrat), dreaming (swapna), deep sleep (sushupti), transcendental state (turiya) and world of illusion (maya).

Alchemy

Symbolizes copper, means love, balance, feminine beauty, and artistic creativity.

The Greek word “Meraki" 

To do something with soul, passion, love, and creativity or to put yourself into whatever you do.

Malin (Skövde, Sweden)

You have to face setbacks to be able to go forward.

Symbol meaning "thief" from "The Hobbit"

It was the rune Gandalf etched into Bilbo's door so the dwarves could find his house.

“Lux in tenebris"

Means "light in darkness."

Anchor Tattoo

Symbolizing strength and stability, something (or someone) who holds you in place, and provides you the strength to hold on no matter how rough things get.

Ad Maiora"

Translated literally as "Towards greater things." It is a formula of greeting used to wish more success in life, career or love.

A glyph

Means "explore." It was meant as a reminder for me to never stop exploring.

"Aut inveniam viam aut faciam"

Means roughly, "Either I shall find a way, or I will make one."

Lotus Flower

It grows in muddy water, and it is this environment that gives forth the flower's first and most literal meaning: rising and blooming above the murk to achieve enlightenment.

The zen (or ensō) circle

Represents enlightenment, the universe and the strength we all have inside of us.

The moon affirms life.

It looks as if it is constantly changing. Can remind us of the inconsistency of life. It also symbolizes the continuous circular nature of time and even karma.

SEE ALSO: Sorry That You're Offended, But I Won't Apologize For My Tattoos