7 Small, Tasteful Tattoo Ideas With Meaning

Small & simple tattoo ideas, yet jam-packed with meaning and significance.
26271

"Tattoos are like love, beautiful and sometimes painful", but in my opinion, well worth the pain. Ink has the power to outline a story in a beautiful, artistic and creative way. So why not take a chance and embellish your body a small tasteful tattoo that is overflowing with meaning.

1. Semicolon.

A semicolon is a trending tattoo with flexible meanings along the lines of "My Story Isn't Over Yet," a reflection of one's personal struggles, most specifically those suffering from mental health illnesses such as depression and suicide. Those who are tatted with this small and discrete semi-colon are supporters of "The Semicolon Project."

"A semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life."

2. Universal sign of, "I Love You"

The universal sign for "I Love You" is made by combining the letters "I", "L", and "Y" in one hand shape. This cute intricate tattoo is a subtle but expressive and meaningful all in one.

“One is loved because one is loved. No reason is needed for loving.”

3. The world

Mark your travels by adding to your tattoo after each time you travel somewhere new. Your precious experiences and memories will always be with you and a part of you.

4. Handwritten words

Handwriting and scripts tattoos are a great way to honor your loved ones. Don't discard notes, letters, or cards from anyone who is dear to your heart, and instead use them creatively.

5. Lotus Flower

Whether a simple outline, or a very detailed well-shaded, lotus flower tattoos are beautiful and vast meanings, such as the following Buddha passage.“As a lotus flower is born in water, grows in water and rises out of water to stand above it unsoiled, so I, born in the world, raised in the world having overcome the world, live unsoiled by the world”

6. Positive Quotes or Mottos

Positive and optimistic tattoos, are a constant reminder that you are worthy, even on the worst days. Pick a quote or motto that you identify with and work it

"Where there is will, there is a way"

7. Arrows

No matter how fancy and detailed, or clean and simple, an arrow is a classic and easy tattoo fashioned by many. A single arrow represents both protection and defense from harm and negativity. Arrows symbolize direction, so aim high!