People are amazing. People save lives, create lives, invent, inspire and do a whole bunch of other great things.
But people also suck. We sometimes do terrible things. but know what doesn't ever upset?
Yes, those non-matching pieces of fabric that clothe your feet never let us down. Yes, it seems they often disappear in a black hole, but they always come back to us. That's loyalty. Yes, they often tear and get holes, but no one's perfect. Though they may have their flaws, they're still better than we'll ever be. Here's why:
1. Socks make hardwood floors 100x better
Socks and a slick floor. Name a more iconic duo.
2. Socks are why Dobby is a free elf
OK, maybe Harry helped... but still... sock.
3. Socks gave us high-class fashion trends
Actually, socks and Crocs are the most iconic duo.
4. Socks won't judge when you eat straight out the carton
It's highly encouraged it, actually.
5. Socks don't ever complain
True inspirations. Next time you feel a complaining rant coming on just think: What Would Socks Do? #WWSD
6. Socks kept Spencer looking hella fresh
This guy caught everything on fire, but he did have great socks.
7. Socks also kept Spongebob looking hella fresh
Nothing says "I'm ready" like a beautiful pair of tube socks.
8. Socks won't come to your door and preach to you or try to sell you something
Thank you, socks.
9. Socks won't brag about their 4.0
If you get good grades, I will most likely be proud of you, but if you brag about it all the time I'm going to have to set you on fire.
10. Socks never leave the toilet seat up
They actually don't want me to drown.
11. Socks don't act like they're better than you, even if they are
12. Holiday socks give you life
'Tis the season.
13. Fuzzy socks also give you life
God bless who ever created these.
14. Socks don't discriminate, they love everyone
15. Socks don't leave you on read
16. Socks don't care about Snapchat streaks
Why is this a thing people care about?
17. Socks only want to keep you warm
And away from the cold, harsh realities of life.
18. Socks don't care if you lampshade
@ the writer of Ladies, Nike Shorts And Leggings Are For The Gym, Nowhere Else.
19. Socks don't promote annoying apps and businesses on social media
@ the twitter profiles that are constantly tweeting about those blackhead-face masks, weird bras, weight-loss programs and game apps that "you total NEED."
20. Socks won't judge me for writing an entire article about socks
I'm procrastinating doing my school work, okay.
Socks are love, socks are life.