20 Questions I Have About Penn State's Reopening Plan

I always knew my freshman year of college was going to be exciting, I just never knew how much. This pandemic has taken a lot away from me, from everyone. There's many measures being taken to ensure the safety of everyone. This isn't coming from just the government, the schools are putting things in place to ensure the safety of everyone on the campuses. They're making sure everyone can return to campus in some way.

Though they're creating plans and putting things in place, there's still so many unknowns. The schools can't account for everything, especially not the future. They don't know what will happen in a few months, or even a few weeks into the beginning of classes. There are so many questions I, and many others, still have. These are just a few questions many of us want answers to.

1. Is there a possibility of the campus closing before Thanksgiving?

2. Will spring semester start online?

3. If the majority of classes are being done online, why is tuition still so high?

4. Will students be required to take a COVID test before stepping on campus?

5. Will students be tested while on campus for COVID?

6. Will student living in dorms have to completely move out in November?

7. Will outdoor dining be an option at the dining halls?

8. Are private library study room still going to be accessible?

9. How will student life be regulated?

10. When will students be allowed to visit other dorms?

11. What will happen if a student living in the dorms tests positive?

12. How will students order food from the dining halls?

13. Will students be allowed to go to sporting events?

14. What will happen to student activities?

15. If a student plans to stay home, but still has an in-person class, what would happen?

16. Will approved masks be given to students and faculty?

17. Is there a quarantine protocol in place?

18. Will hand sanitizer be provided around campus?

19. Will any dining halls add seating during the semester?

20. If the campus does close early, how long would students have to pack-up and leave?