20 Activities You Can Do To Be Productive While Social Distancing

Quarantine can still be fun!

28

We've all been social distancing for almost two weeks now, and it's getting a bit annoying. It seems like everything is already clean and there's nothing else to do! Fear not, there are plenty of things to do to keep you busy during this rough time without having to leave your house. Here are 20 fun activities you can do to be productive while social distancing!

1. Practice yoga

You can do yoga in the comfort of your home, with or without a yoga mat. Pull up a video on YouTube that can guide you through beginners' yoga; it'll be a great way to stretch and allow your body to destress during a stressful time.

2. Have a spa day

Having a spa day may not be the most productive thing out there, but it does allow you to practice self-care, and that's very important. You can do a face mask, throw a bath bomb in the bath, light some candles, do your nails, anything to get you in your zen.

3. Reorganize your closet

Everyone's closet is a mess; it's just the truth. Cleaning it out is extremely productive! What I like to do is create two piles: one that has items that spark joy and one that doesn't. Keep anything that sparks joy for you.

4. Bake or cook

Baking or cooking something from scratch is extremely productive! It's also a great way to know how to make things later in life. Coming out of quarantine as a cook is very impressive.

5. Start writing

Writing is a GREAT way to spend your time. It's a great way to get your feelings out in a healthy way or to just express some of your ideas. Who knows, maybe you'll come out of quarantine with the next New York Times' Best Seller.

6. Start a new show

Okay, this might not be the most productive thing ever, but starting a new show is always fun! Look at what's on your list to watch on Netflix and choose a show to binge.

7. Learn another language

There are plenty of apps out there that can help you learn a new language, and since you have so much time on your hands now, might as well download one! Duolingo is a great app to use to learn a new language (I've been trying to learn Portuguese so I can talk to my family who lives there).

8. Learn how to write calligraphy

In my freshman year, my roommate always wrote in calligraphy in her free time, and I always wanted to learn how to do it. Since I haven't had much time, I wasn't able to learn. Now is the perfect opportunity for that!

9. Attempt to draw a self portrait

This may be a bit trick to do, but just look in the mirror and draw what you see. It'll keep you entertained, and you'll learn how to draw!

10. Color your coloring book

Most people have a coloring book lying around somewhere. Coloring in it is not only fun, but it's also a very good de-stresser. If you don't have a coloring book, just print some coloring images from online and color those!

11. Try to make something that's on your Pinterest board

Do you ever just pin so many things to your Pinterest board and then never do anything with it? If you have the materials to do so, make something that's on your Pinterest board. Make that drink you've always wanted to try. Make that poster that looks really cool.

12. Make different kinds of coffee with the ingredients in your house

If you love coffee as much as I do, why not become a barista during this quarantine? Find some ingredients that you think will be good in your coffee and try to come up with a concoction. If it's good, share your idea with your friends on social media! If it's gross, try again.

13. Have a game tournament with your family

My family has been playing 500 Rummy during quarantine, and it's gotten really intense. We've also been playing Connect Four, Just Dance, Sorry!, and Guess Who in tournaments. Try to do this to keep yourself and your family entertained without leaving the comfort of your home!

14. Have an indoor scavenger hunt

Another way to be entertained is to have an indoor scavenger hunt. Have someone in your family set it up (or you can do it) and then go around and look for all the items!

15. Make a bunch of TikToks until you go viral

This is literally the best time to attempt to get TikTok famous. You have all the time in the world on your hands so might as well use some of it to learn some dances, do some trends, or come up with your own thing and hope that it lands on someone's For You Page!

16. Rearrange your sock drawers...or just all the drawers you have

Even if you've already done this when you were cleaning, try doing it again. I personally find it fun to fold clothes and rearrange them to look nicer, but that's just me. Put some feel-good music on and rearrange your drawers!

17. Organize your spice rack

You can organize your spice rack any way you want: alphabetically, by color, by alphabetical color, by height, etc.

18. Attempt to write with your non-dominant hand

This will be one tricky task, but if you can accomplish it, that's really impressive.

19. Work on your flexibility

Did you ever think to yourself, "why can't I do a split?" You can solve your problem here by working on your flexibility every day until you finally get it. I'm sure it'll take a few weeks but hey, we'll be in quarantine for a few weeks too.

20. Write a song

Rapunzel in "Tangled" got through her 18 years of quarantine writing and singing her songs, so you can do it too! Write a song and if it's good enough, share it with the world on social media!