For what I feel like is way too long, Netflix has been teasing Gilmore Girls fans with their spin-off series "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life." An hour and a half-long episode is going to be released each fall/winter/spring/summer for the next year, and fans couldn't be more excited. I know for sure that when they announced it was going to be a thing, I cried. Gilmore Girls was just one of the best shows ever created, right? This past week, Netflix released the first trailer for "Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life," and as I watch it for the tenth time, here are my thoughts.
1. How are Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel so gorgeous?
2. They still have the same sense of humor. Perfect.
3. So Luke and Loreli did end up together? Hm... don't know how I feel about that.
4. Luke tryna tell Rory how to eat as an adult. Psh.
5. A LIFE SIZE PORTRAIT OF RICHARD? OH, NO.
6. "IT'S THE WHOLE WALL."
7. Rory, what are you doing that requires traveling to London, omg?
8. Why is Kirk at their dinner...?
9. Oh, no, Loreli, don't be sad :(
10. Emily: I was married for 50 years. Half of me is gone. CUE THE TEARS.
11. Rory talking with Jess? YAS, GIRL, YAS.
12. Doose is back, too? WOW.
13. AND MICHELE. YES.
14. *Where You Lead starts playing* I literally have tears in my eyes and goosebumps on my body.
15. I can't handle this amazingness
16. They did end up bringing Sookie/Melissa McCarthy back, YES.
17. Paris, Lane, Logan, Dean....they've got everybody, yaaaaaaas
I'm so, so glad that all of these people are still in Rory's life.
18. Only another month until the first part comes out!
19. I'm so damn excited
Seriously. I put "GILMORE GIRLS REVIVAL" in my phone calendar for November 25 back in July when they announced the date. I'm not ashamed.
Now, I know that I put in a lot of screencaps for everything, but watch the actual trailer. I promise that it's worth your time.