20 Thoughts A Millennial Had While Watching 'Gilmore Girls' For The First Time

I've been slacking in my time spent in Stars Hollow, but I don't regret starting the show.

518
Wenner Media

With the revival episodes scheduled to air in November, the internet has been abuzz with "Gilmore Girls" references. Being a 22-year-old woman, alive when "Gilmore Girls" was originally airing, it might surprise you to hear that I have never actually watched the series...until now.

A friend of mine convinced me to start the popular television show on Netflix this summer, and I would be ashamed of the number of episodes I have binge-watched, except the show is just so darn good. But, I wanted to share with you some thoughts a basic millennial twenty-something (that's me) had while watching this classic television show. (Keep in mind that I'm still watching. I'm only partway through Season One).

1. I am SO Lorelai.

The woman is sassy, funny, down-to-earth and a total coffee addict. I like to think I'm those things.

2. I lied, I am totally Rory.

Let's be real here, I am an avid reader and I literally get lost in my books, wave your hand in between me and my book or I won't hear a word you say kind of lost, so when Dean said this to Rory, I realized that I was a LOT like Rory Gilmore. However, I still think her awkwardness is more endearing than mine.

3. I ship it. So much.

I know he was totally kidding about marrying Lorelai, but I SO want it. I never knew I could want a television relationship to happen so badly. This is worse than when I shipped Joey and Phoebe (I'm still kind of bummed that never happened).

4. Wait! If they don't end up together, can I have Luke?

He might be the most sarcastic man in the show (heck, his sarcasm rivals Lorelai's), but it's kind of adorable, and even part way through season one, he's showed the audience that he has a sweet side. I find myself watching and saying "I need to find a Luke." Sarcasm and all.

5. Why am I suddenly craving pizza? A burger? Chinese food?

While the Santa burger wasn't the most appetizing food on the show, Rory and Lorelai are constantly having burgers and pizza and Chinese food and all of the glorious junk food that just pairs so well with binge-watching "Gilmore Girls."

6. HOW DO THEY EAT LIKE THAT AND STILL STAY THIN?!?

Seriously though, they are ALWAYS eating.

7. Why is Stars Hollow not real? I want to live there.

I have always been a small town girl at heart, but oh my goodness. Stars Hollow is the cutest little town complete with the quirky older woman and the really weird guy that just kind of shows up everywhere. You can't help but love it.

8. Really Paris? Really? I dislike you with every fiber of my being.

Everyone keeps telling me that I will love Paris eventually, but I already dislike her so much that I don't know if there is anything major enough that can happen to make me like her. She's like nails on a chalkboard. Ugh.

9. Chad Michael Murray, you have an issue.

I mean, you're adorable and all, but you couldn't recognize Sam when she wore a mask and curled her hair, and now you can't remember that her name is Rory and not Mary? Gosh, dude...

10. Dean, stop it. (But, not really).

Okay, so your hair is kind of terrible, but COME ON! Sixteen-year-old boys are NOT that sweet or romantic. You are setting expectations that most guys won't live up to.

11. Lorelai, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?

I get it. Max Medina is charming and I guess he's sort of cute, but WHAT ABOUT LUKE?!?

12. Tristan, are you serious right now?

So, Dean, that death threat might have been overboard, but REALLY, TRISTAN?!? You have spent the entire beginning of this season calling Rory the wrong name, taunting her and degrading her. You've mocked her in the most obnoxious way possible, and now you're going to give her that doe-eyed look and get all pouty when she dances with her boyfriend? You really are an idiot...

13. Theytalksofastallofthetime!

I don't understand how they can get SO MUCH DIALOGUE. Like, every episode has SO much happening because they talk so fast all the time. How do they even breathe?!?

14. Now I REALLY want coffee.

They are always drinking coffee and they make me want a pot of coffee. There is something relaxing about a pot of coffee brewing while binge watching Gilmore Girls. Plus, it leaves you caffeinated enough to binge watch until all hours of the night.

15. Can Miss Patty narrate my life?

Everything she says is so dramatic and it's wonderful. Imagine how exciting your life would be if Miss Patty was narrating it?

16. Sookie, why are you so great?

I'm not sure if I AM you or if I just want you to be my best friend, but Gilmore Girls just wouldn't be the same without the antics of Sookie!!

17. Where can I find my own Michel?

He might be sassy, dry and sarcastic, but Michel is so great. I want someone who keeps a sarcastic commentary running for all of the things happening in my life. Can you imagine if he kept a running commentary during a college class? That would be golden.

18. Emily, why are you so obnoxious?

I mean a sassy quip is one thing, but you are just spiteful.

19. Okay, Emily, you have a few moments that lessen my dislike of you.

Those few times you try to make a joke, and when you make observations about Lorelai's love life, it's kind of adorable.

20. How have I not watched this before?

I love a show with good character development and a good plot line, and halfway through the first season, Gilmore Girls has already succeeded in both those departments! I'm so ready to continue binge watching this show, probably with a tub of ice cream or some Chinese food nearby!