19 Things that Single People are Tired of Hearing

Wait, why aren't you dating anyone?

182

So like, being single is amazing because there is no commitment involved, and you don't have to remember your one-month anniversary and celebrate it with flowers, balloons, chocolates, sweet messages, kisses, hugs, cute presents etc etc etc, whatever, you get the idea. But like...we (referring to single people) get lonely too and you would talk to people about it, and you hear the same thing over and over again. And so here we go, 19 things that single people are tired of hearing.

1. "You are so great, why are you still single?"

Beats me. I don't know, you tell me. I am so great, but why am I still single?

2. "You just haven't found the right person yet."

Exactly.....right person. I guess I will have to keep on waiting....again.

3. "You should let me set you up. I know the PERFECT person for you."

You said that last time too...and nothing happened.

4. "There are plenty of fish in the sea."

Mmmhmm, and I can't seem to catch any.

5. "You will find someone eventually."

Eventually, in like 40 years?

6. "You should try tinder."

......

7. "Okay, enough about my boyfriend. What about you, are you seeing anyone?"

It was SOOOOO nice to hear about your boyfriend and cuteness and all that nice stuff. But I am sorry, I am not seeing anyone, so I can't relate to you.

8. "Don't worry about it so much. You will find someone."

But I've been single for 19 years. I think I should start worrying about my sad life.

9. "I would totally date you if we weren't friends."

Haha, friend zone. Do you know the difference between a "girl friend" and a "girlfriend"? It's that tiny space called "friend zone."

10. "You have to love yourself first, before you can love anyone else."

I LOVE MYSELF AND I CAN LOVE EVERYONE ELSE TOO BUT PEOPLE DON'T LOVE ME BACK.

11. "I am so jealous of you. Dating is a lot of work! Being single is so much better."

Really....really...you are talking to the person who has been single for entire life, and being single is not that interesting anymore.

12. "He/she doesn't deserve you. You deserve better."

If a really attractive person, with 4.0 GPA, and with awesome social skills doesn't deserve me, then who deserves me? Like Emma Watson?

13. "It will happen when you least expect it."

I don't even know what to say to that anymore.

14. "He/she is just not ready for serious commitment yet."

So, I am basically still single.

15. "You are just too busy right now. You don't need anyone."

Busy looking for my bae.

16. "You have to focus on yourself. You can't depend on someone else to be happy."

Yeah, that is true. But you are dating, and you seem to be so much happier. Like, I wanna be happier too.

17. "Don't you ever get lonely?"

ALL THE TIME

18. "My bae and I are going to the movie. Wanna come with us?"

And see you guys doing cute coupley stuff and I sit alone and be super freaking sad about it? Sure.

19. "You don't need anyone."

Yeah, you right, I have Ice Cream.