18 Films To Watch Within The Next Year

18 Films To Watch Within The Next Year

New releases that you should be excited for!

52
18 Films To Watch Within The Next Year

It has been said that right now is the best time for television. With the new spark and popularity in services like Netflix, Hulu and other online streaming websites, going to the movie theaters may seem like too much work. This list of 18 films will hopefully make you want to get out of your bed, go to the movie theaters, and have an awesome film experience with incredible sound and visuals. Nothing is better than a good cinematic experience.

1. "Everest" (In IMAX)

Please do yourself a favor and watch "Everest" in IMAX. This amazing true story takes place during 1996 when two climbers begin their final climb to the highest point on earth, Mt. Everest. The climbers encounter a harmful storm of freezing temperatures and strong winds. They will have to find a way to survive. "Everest" is in theaters now.

2. "The Hunger Games: Mockingjay, Part 2"

Calling all "Hunger Games" fans! This is the final film of the game's series. "Mockingjay, Part 2," which comes out on November 21, 2015, and is anticipated to be a box office hit due to its large fan base and past releases. According to variety.com, "Part 1" earned $123 million within its opening weekend.

3. "The Walk" (In IMAX)

Let me start off and say that if you are afraid of heights, I would think twice about seeing this movie. Joseph Gordon-Levitt plays real-life French high-wire artist Philippe Petit, whose mad plan is to hang and walk on a wire connecting the north and south towers of the World Trade Center. On August 27, 1974 Petit attempts his plan with everyone watching. "The Walk" comes out on September 30, 2015.

4. "Star Wars: Episode VII"

The "Star Wars" adventure continues! Starring Harrison Ford, this film will probably be the most talked about film of the year. Forbes.com indicates that opening weekend could result in around $125 million, which is not surprising. The excitement is real and the energy in the theaters will be high! Go see "Episode VII" on December 18, 2015.

5. "Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice"

There is so much hate for my man Ben Affleck. Yes he is Batman and his Bostonian accent may probably slip a few times in the film, but who cares. It's freakin' Batman. There might be too much rivalry for me in this one, though. Batman AND Superman? Bringing two big superheroes together in one film will create controversy and debate--but this won't happen without seeing the film first! This comes out on March 25, 2016.

6. "The Good Dinosaur"

"The Good Dinosaur," a Pixar film, is about a young dinosaur who forms an unimaginable friendship with a boy. This story about kindness, friendship and teamwork will warm your hearts. Release date is November 25, 2015.

7. "Spectre"

Personally, I wouldn't want anyone else to play James Bond except for Daniel Craig. You might be tired of the fact that there are so many Bond movies but you shouldn't be, because they are super entertaining. Actor Christoph Waltz joins the cast, playing Bond's enemy. "Spectre" hits theaters November 6, 2015.

8. "Suicide Squad"

Just when you thought no one else would play the Joker, Jared Leto takes the stand. Of course, no one will ever replace Heath Ledger (may the legend rest in peace), but the film creators had to find someone to play the Joker in "Suicide Squad," which comes out August 5, 2016. I've probably watched the trailer for this movie 100 times 'cause what is better than seeing super
villains working together as a team?

9. "Hotel Transylvania 2"

This amazing sequel stars Adam Sandler, Andy Samberg and Selena Gomez. The first film scored $148,313,048 in the domestic box office. I can't wait to see how many more interesting monsters will be in this film! "Hotel Transylvania 2" comes out on September 25, 2015.

10. "Trumbo"

The one and only Bryan Cranston performs as a well-off Hollywood screenwriter who gets blacklisted for being a Communist during the 1940s. This film is set to be released on November 6, 2015.

11. "Legend"

Tom Hardy simultaneously plays British identical twin gangsters named Reggie and Ronnie Kray in this true story about brotherhood and the Krays' crime empire in London during the 1960s. In theaters on November 20, 2015.

12. "The Danish Girl"

Yes, you see correctly. Eddie Redmayne plays artist Einar Wegener who undergoes a sex-change operation in the 1900s. Eddie's performance is set to be extraordinary, especially after his Oscar-winning performance in "The Theory of Everything," playing Stephen Hawking. Catch "The Danish Girl" on November 27, 2015.

13. "The Hateful Eight"

Quentin Tarantino is back with this upcoming Western. Containing an incredible cast including Kurt Russell and Samuel L. Jackson (who is basically in all Tarantino films) this film is expected to be brutal and adventurous. "The Hateful Eight" will be released Christmas Day of this year.

14. "The Revenant"

Leonardo DiCaprio stars as Hugh Glass in this intense Western adventure set in the 1820s. Glass is set on seeking vengeance on the ones who left him to perish after a bear mauling. "The Revenant" will also be released Christmas of this year.

15. "Kung Fu Panda 3"

#15 is dedicated to my roommates who are overly excited for this flick. In "KFP 3," Po, played by Jack Black, will have to train the little pandas to help him defeat Kai, the villain. "Kung Fu Panda 3" is in theaters January 29, 2016.

16. "Deadpool"

20th Century Fox and Marvel Entertainment's "Deadpool," which releases on February 16, 2016,
stars Ryan Reynolds as Wade Wilson, a guy with powers and weird humor, who goes after a man who almost killed him.

17. "The Secret Life of Pets"

If you love animals, have a pet, or love cute things in general, then "The Secret Life of Pets" is a film you must see. This animated adventure takes you inside a pet's world, with and without their owners around. It's set to release on July 8, 2016!

18. "Finding Dory"

Years after "Finding Nemo" (2003), Dory is finally on another adventure. Not much to say about this other than CAN'T WAIT! "Finding Dory"'s set release date is June, 2016.