18 Facts You Might Not Know About 'Beauty and the Beast'

Be our guest this upcoming March, 2017.

386
Google Images

In case you haven't heard, about a week ago Disney finally released the first teaser trailer of its "Beauty and the Beast." The trailer itself was an almost exact replica of the 1991 animated classic with everything down to the rip of the portrait to the original score playing in the background. While this movie isn't set to be released until March 2017, Disney fans all around the world can't contain their excitement–as they should. I can understand the commotion as the one and only Emma Watson is going to be playing Belle... I mean, c'mon, how more perfect could a film get?

This is going to be one epic movie, and in case you're still on the fence about it, here are 18 facts about "Beauty and the Beast" that will be sure to change your mind and have you running to the theater to "be their guest."

1. "Beauty and the Beast" was the first full-length animated film to be nominated for Best Picture at the Academy Awards.

Thus proving that this will be an amazing movie. If that doesn't convince you to go see this movie, then I don't know what will.

2. The Beast itself is a mashup of various animals.

The Beast has the mane of a lion, the head of a buffalo, the brow of a gorilla, tusks of a wild boar, legs and tail of a wolf and the body of a bear.

3. "Beauty and the Beast" is not the only movie Belle stars in.

Belle has also made a cameo in another Disney movie, none other than "The Hunchback of Notre Dame."

4. Belle is the only person in her village who wears blue.

Animators made her this way so that she would stand out and it would be evident to the viewers how different she is compared to the other characters.

5. The teacup Chip wasn't originally meant to be featured in the movie.

Chip was actually intended to be a music box that didn't have any lines.

6. The final dance between Belle and the prince is actually a re-used animation from another dance in a different Disney animated movie.

The final dance scene in the film is recycled footage from the dance between Princess Aurora and Prince Phillip in "Sleeping Beauty."

7. The Prince's real name is Adam.

This is a fact that is revealed later and is never actually mentioned in the movie.

8. "Beauty and the Beast" was the first animated film to earn more than $100 million at the box office.

It was even the third highest grossing film of that year.

9. Julie Andrews was considered for the role of Mrs. Potts.

She was reportedly offered the role but declined due to scheduling conflicts.

10. Sequences where the film lacks a song or musical score only add up to five minutes.

How different would that "Tale As Old As Time" be if there was no music and only lasted five minutes?

11. Belle is the second Disney princess of non-royal descent.

The first of which would be Cinderella.

12. Chip is one of the only characters in the castle to call Belle by name.

The beast is the only other person to call Belle by name.

13. When the film was released in China, the Beast's speaking and singing voices were dubbed by Jackie Chan.

Just imagine how great that film would be.

14. The song "Be Our Guest" was originally meant to be sung to Belle's father Maurice, not Belle.

The animators switched it because they thought the song was too special to be focused around a secondary character.

15. Belle's dress is loosely based on Dorothy's from "The Wizard of Oz."

Now that's a pairing I can't get out of my head. How majestical would that movie be?

16. "Beauty and the Beast" is currently the 9th longest running musical in Broadway history.

Again, just to prove how incredible and likable this story truly is.

17. "Beauty and the Beast" only took about two years to complete.

Most animated films take four years to complete, but this movie had a huge crew working on it.

18. The way Belle moves is based off of animators studying ballerinas.

That explains why she is so graceful in the film.