17 Things I'm Thankful For This Year

17 Things I'm Thankful For This Year

I have a lot to be thankful for this year.

50
17 Things I'm Thankful For This Year
Hanny Naibaho

It's Thanksgiving week. Time for a bunch of food and family traditions, or in my case working. Don't worry I volunteered to work, so not a big deal. I've noticed a lot of people like to focus on the food and being out of school, but that's not exactly what thanksgiving is about. It's remembering the things you are thankful for. The following is a list of 17 things of I'm thankful for in 2017.

1. My mother

This family member deserves her own section. I've been graced with an amazing mother. We may not always get along, but I know she'd do anything for me in a heartbeat. I love her and can't wait to spend more time with her over the holiday season.

2. Rest of my family

I love my family, no matter how much they may bug the living day lights out of me. I have a pretty decent size family. We always look out for each other. I would go to the ends of the earth for them, especially my little pesky sister.

3. Boyfriend

I'm lucky enough to have an amazing boyfriend, who loves me despite my flaws. He makes me happy. I can't wait to spend our first holiday season together.

4. Pets

As an animal lover, my pets mean the world to me. Currently within in my household, there's four dogs, seven cats, and a micropig. I've spent my life being surrounded my animals, and I've loved every moment of it.

5. Roommate

My current roommate is great. We both share a love of writing and are part of different fandoms. She's funny and nice. Better yet, she's easy to get along with. I hear so many roommate horror stories and I don't have to deal with that.

6. Friends

My friends are great. Whether it's a board game night or just dinner, being around them is great. They know how to make me laugh and make my worst days better.

7. My job

I can say I don't mind my job at a Pet Resort. I don't hate going to work even if I start at 6:30 am. It feels great to have a job that I look forward to.

8. Education

Not everyone around the world or even in the United States is able to get a good education. Not only did I go to K-12 schooling, but I got to actually attend college to further my education.

9. Corgis

Corgis give me life. There's nothing cheers me up more than watching corgi videos. Watching them make those derpy faces and waddle around makes me smile. It's actually probably a problem.

10. Hot Tea

Nothing is greater then curling up in a chair with a blanket and a mug of hot tea. I love trying different types of tea to find new favorites. Tea is a comfort to me.

11. Good Books

To be paired with that tea, a good book makes those moments better. Books have been a safe place for me. I've always been a reader. They are a way for me to go adventures without having to leave my room.

12. Health

I have access to health care. I can get medications and go for checks up. Not everyone can do that. I'm in good health for the most part and when I'm not I can go to the doctor to get help.

13. Harry Potter

My favorite fandom...always. Harry Potter has been an interest of mine for about three years. As a writer, I have to admire J.K. Rowling's work. She has set a standard I want to meet. I love reading new theories and connecting new things in the series.

14. Clean Water

There are places in the world, even in the United States, that don't have access to clean drinking water. I can just turn on a faucet and know that my water is clean.

15. Board Games

Board games have become something I enjoy. It's a way I spend time with friends and get away from my homework. They should be more appreciated.

16. Spell Checker

Spell checker has saved me so many times. I struggle to spell words sometimes, so this technology is great for those moments.

17. Photography

I love seeing photos. They tell a story. Photos make me smile. It is a way to connect to the world and others.