17 Things To Do To Enjoy The Winter Season

Featuring some favorite Disney friends.

7279
fanpop.com

The start of the spring semester is hard — especially because it’s not even spring yet. We just got back from a whole month off, it’s cold, and it’s snowing on and off every other day. So for the first month or two it seems like it's going to be forever before the first warm spring day will arrive. Not only that, you’re trying to figure out your own personal schedule as you return to college, but you have to do it through the cold and snow on a regular basis. So here are some ways and reasons to enjoy winter.

1. Enjoy the snow from the indoors.

Falling snow is one of the prettiest sights to see and not everyone in the world gets a chance to enjoy this type weather.

2. Build a snowman.

The holidays may be over, but snowman season doesn’t end until March. Neither does penguin season for that matter. So get outside.

3. Go sledding.

Gear up and get outside. Sledding is fun, simple, and everyone can easily do it.

4. Go ice skating.

Even if you’re no good at it or don’t know how, try it!

5. Go shopping.

Shop the after-holiday sales and even go in your pajamas by going online. Even if you don’t buy anything, add it to your wish lists for future reference.

6. Pajama day!

Nothing is better than waking up in your most comfortable pajamas and not getting ready for the day. Stay in your jammies all day and watch movies, eat, read, or go flying like they do in "Peter Pan."

7. Have a movie marathon.

Get some friends, order food, and watch a bunch of your favorite movies.

8. Have an epic snowball fight.

Get some friends, whether it’s teams or every man for himself, and have the most competitive snowball fight of your lives.

9. Build a fort.

Make it as tall as possible, or go indoors and build a blanket fort if it's too cold outside.

10. Roast marshmallows by the fireplace.

S’mores are typically seen as a summer treat while you’re surrounded by a campfire, but who says you can’t make s’mores indoors? You can even go outside and make a bonfire if it’s not too cold out.

11. Have a photoshoot.

We live in the days of artsy photos and Instagram. Falling snow and winter sunsets are easy artsy photos you can take.

12. It’s sweater weather!

Winter is the time of the year of wearing baggy sweatpants and sweatshirts, as well as being able to wear the nice winter outfits that sit in your closet all year long.

13. Take a long bubble bath.

…and if you don’t like baths, take a long, hot shower.

14. The food.

From cookies to pie, make whatever suits your mood, try new recipes, or even go simple and drink some hot chocolate.

15. Have a sundae party.

Who says ice cream is just for the summer? Get all your favorite ice creams and toppings and make the best ice cream sundae ever.

16. Have a game night.

Whether it’s with friends or family, have a classic game night. Play Monopoly, Twister, or even play with the Wii or Xbox.

17. Curl up with a good book.

Find your favorite book or a book you've been dying to read and finally sit down and read it. Have some hot chocolate, tea, or coffee, get under a blanket (or as I prefer, a blanket burrito) and read.

Well, there you go! Those are 17 things to try and help you get you through the rest of this winter.