17 Signs You Grew Up In The Early 2000s

17 Signs You Grew Up In The Early 2000s

Everything from the Cheetah Girls, Nick Shows, to butterfly clips and Silly Bandz.

1207
17 Signs You Grew Up In The Early 2000s

The early 2000s were a time of questionable fashion choices and strange trends. Everyone who grew up in the early 2000s experienced the height of awkward phases. Looking back on that time can make any millennial nostalgic because this was our childhood. Life was simpler in the 2000s, when your biggest worry was whether to watch Disney or Nick after school. Here are 17 signs you grew up in the early 2000s.

1. Spiky Earrings were your staple accessory.

These little silicone studs were somehow ~edgy~ and cute at the same time. Every elementary and middle school girl had to have a pair of these atrocious earrings.

2. Small sunglasses were also a neat accessory to sport when it got a bit sunny.

Although they provided no real sun protection they still looked cool. If Marky Kate and Ashley Olsen could rock them, then so could you.

3. The more Silly Bandz you had, the cooler you were.

Organizing them by color on your wrist was taking your look to a whole new level.

4. Cheetah Girls were the ultimate squad goals.

There were heated debates over which of your friends was which cheetah girl. They taught you about friendship and fashion, the two most important things to a girl. Plus their soundtrack to each movie was straight fire.

5. You danced and listen to songs like Genie In A Bottle, but didn't understand what the lyrics really meant.

Dancing to this song, and other songs like Slave 4 U, was completely innocent to you. You didn't really understand the references the lyrics were making.

6. Before you even thought about dating you knew you didn't want no scrub.

Even though you had never dated a boy before, and were still secretly sure boys had cooties, you knew you would never date a scrub. Although, you weren't 100 percent sure which boys were actually scrubs...

7. Your outfits were not complete without stacks of butterfly clips.

Your early 2000's celeb idols wore them, so then you did too.

8. You kept your lips luscious with lip smackers.

Just smelling these lip balms and glosses can bring you back to your childhood.

9. Shopping at Limited Too meant you were decked out in sequins and all the coolest fashion trends.

Limited Too was the elementary and middle school girl's paradise. You could buy almost any piece of clothing with sequins or cargo pants that turned capris into shorts!

10. You spent days watching Disney movies.

Watching movies like The Luck of the Irish was time well spent. Other favorite movies were Cadet Kelly, Zenon, Get a Clue, Life-Size, and anything with Hillary Duff. The early 2000s was primetime for Disney.

11. You wasted hours and days playing Roller Coaster Tycoon.

After wasting so much time building the perfect roller coaster, you were pretty sure you could go out and build your own amusement park from scratch.

12. Disney Mania CDs meant you had all the greatest hits in one place.

Hits from Jump 5, Usher, 5 Club, and *NSYNC on one CD? You were living the dream. Before you could put all your favorite songs on a Spotify playlist, this was the next best thing.

13. You lived for Disney show cross-overs.

All your favorite characters on one show! Worlds crossing over! Plus all that different fashion in one show is truly a miracle.

14. You definitely had a secret crush on Drake from Drake and Josh, even though he was kind of a douche.

You thought he was cute and could sing, but looking back at him now you realize how misguided your young heart was. However, Drake and Josh was a great TV show with lines like "sorry doesn't sweeten my TV," and "are you calling me a liar?...well I ain't calling you a truther!"

15. The Amanda Show was weird in a good way, and you really wanted to either be on the show or have one of your own.

Nickelodeon was pumping out some weird shows, but you loved them all and watched them religiously.

16. You desperately wanted to go to PC from Zoey 101.

It seemed like no one ever did homework, everyone hung out in the sun, and everyone had great lives. Of course, you wanted to go there, even though Logan might have been the first guy to teach you what a scrub actually was.

17. MyScene started your internet addiction.

You got to dress up, give make-overs, design your dream room, watch sick little movies featuring your fave girls, and live vicariously through these characters.