17 Differences Between Grown Women And Overgrown Girls

Same gender, different maturity.

4258
Universal Pictures

Many people will assume that girls and women are the same because they're both females. Many will also assume that once a girl turns 18, she is a woman.

But guess what? Age has nothing to do with it. Maturity does.

Some people, regardless of age, never really grow up. There is a huge difference between girls and women. Whether you're in college or in the workforce, there are some adults that still behave childishly. You can meet someone in her thirties and she can still behave like an overgrown girl, or you can meet someone in her twenties who already has her life in order. Here are 17 differences between overgrown girls and grown women:

1. Overgrown girls want attention... Grown women want respect

Girls want attention because they are clingy, want to be noticed, and find seeking attention is a way to make them feel more attractive. Woman understand that respect lasts way longer and is more positive than attention.

2. Overgrown girls think they know everything... Grown women are interested in learning more and make room for improvement and growth

Girls are too self-absorbed to understand that they have more to learn ahead of them. Women understand that they are human, make mistakes, and learn from them.

3. Overgrown girls are needy... Grown woman are independent

Girls expect others to take care of them because they love being babied and don't care about responsibilities. Women would rather take care of themselves.

4. Overgrown girls have expectations... Grown women have standards

Girls would rather believe certain things will happen to them without having to work for it. Women want nothing to do with poor performance and mediocrity.

5. Overgrown girls compete with each other... Grown women empower each other

Girls hate the idea of others being better than them and strive to rise higher. Women believe that competition is immature, so they encourage each other instead because it's classier.

6. Overgrown girls expect people to read their minds... Grown women are open about their feelings

Girls are too frustrated and impatient to talk about how they're feeling. Women talk about their feelings because they understand that nobody is a mind reader.

7. Overgrown girls drink away... Grown women hold their liquor

Girls believe that getting drunk is funny and attractive. Women know their limits enough to not get drunk because getting wasted is unattractive.

8. Overgrown girls keep track of the years of how long they have been with their friends/boyfriends... Grown women focus on foundations that they and their friends/boyfriends have built together

Girls love the idea of sharing the timelines of relationships that they forget about the actual people. Women forget about social media because the actual people are really more important to them.

9. Overgrown girls think beauty is all about the looks... Grown women know that beauty is about intelligence, strength, and a good heart

Girls use looks as their primary tool to get what they want in life. Women understand inner beauty.

10. Overgrown girls care too much about what people think of them... Grown women are too busy to even worry about opinions

Girls care what people think of them because they anxious about other having negative opinions about them. Women don't care about anyone's opinions because their lives are none of the anyone's business and understand that life is too short to live by anyone's expectations.

11. Overgrown girls fall in love with a guy's looks... Grown women fall in love with a guy's heart

Girls are too superficial, which makes them forget to find out who the guy really is. Women don't care about looks because they know that personality matters.

12. Overgrown girls seek revenge... Grown women let karma do the work

Girls see revenge as a way to rise and not show weakness when revenge actually makes them weaker. Women forgive and know that karma is better than any typical human.

13. Overgrown girls want to be someone else... Grown women are themselves

Girls would rather be someone else because they are too insecure about being themselves and believe that pretending to be someone else will impress others. Women are confident enough to be themselves.

14. Overgrown girls assume... Grown women listen

Girls assume because they are too selfish to understand others' feelings and would rather believe that they are right about everything. Women listen because they understand that there is a different side to every story.

15. Overgrown girls depend on men... Grown women depend on God

Girls depend on men because they see them as someone who can handle all of their problems. Women depend on God because they know He is here for all of us.

16. Overgrown girls are afraid to be alone... Grown women use their alone time to personally grow

Girls hate the idea of being alone because they see alone as "lonely" and would rather be in every relationship as much as possible. Women are not afraid of being alone because they understand that there is nothing wrong with being single and take it as a word that describes them as people who enjoy life without depending on others.

17. Overgrown girls look for love... A grown woman lets love find her

Girls are desperate for romance in their lives and end up forgetting what is important in life. Women allow love to find them since not forcing love is rewarding.