16 Things People From Chickamauga, GA Know To Be True

"Once a Trojan, Always a Trojan."

121
Root Rated

The historic town of Chickamauga, Georgia is home to a little over 3,101 people. If you happen to be on of those people, congratulations! This article is for all the residents of Chickamauga who have taken pride of the Southern small town.

If you're from Chickamauga, you know all too well that:

1. When people ask where you're from, you just tell them you live near Chattanooga.

Because no one can pronounce Chickamauga let alone point to it on a map.

2. When you go into town, you see at least two people that you graduated with.

3. The official scent of Chickamauga is skunk.

4. Walking on the grass is one of the seven deadly sins.

5. It's never too hard to find a hair stylist.

6. Whenever a tragedy strikes or you lose a loved one, the supportive community of Chickamauga will always be there to help pick up the pieces.

7. Every time it rains or we experience a severe thunderstorm, we know there's a 50-50 chance that the whole city of Chickamauga will completely lose power.

8. Telling someone your last name and getting the reply,"So, are you related to so-and-so?"

9. Everyone knows your deepest, darkest secret before you even know it and constantly stays in your business. After all, it's Chickamauga.

10. You sometimes forget that the bypass is the interstate and the speed limit is 55 MPH.

11. Walking around "the block" is the perfect combination of exercising and socializing.

12. The Food Lion parking lot is the prime location where parents drop-off and pick-up their kids on the weekends.

13. You've been late to events because you (and half the town) got stuck behind the train.

14. Your wardrobe consists of a lot of navy blue, gray, and white items for Friday Night football games.

15. When the Ironman triathlon comes to town, it makes it nearly impossible to get anywhere in town.

16. Whether you're young or old, this saying always holds true: "Once a Trojan, Always a Trojan."

And you're proud of that.