14 Hidden Restaurants In Chattanooga, Tennessee

Everyone can add a little flavor into their life.
15045

The city of Chattanooga is widely known for its world-class attractions, beautiful views and delectable restaurants! Here's a list of my favorite hidden restaurants in Chattanooga that will delight your taste buds.

1. The Purple Daisy Picnic Cafe

Address: 4001 St. Elmo Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37409

The Purple Daisy Picnic Cafe is nestled at the foot of Lookout Mountain and serves excellent Southern food. The customer favorite is the "Piglet Pak," but I personally love "The Rainbow Sandwich," which is a three-layer sandwich with homemade chicken salad, pimento cheese, and cucumber spread. From the quirky decor to the scrumptious food, The Purple Daisy Picnic Cafe is definitely worth the visit!

SEE ALSO: 17 Things Things To Do In Chattanooga In 2017

2. Sluggo's North Vegetarian Cafe

Address: 501 Cherokee Boulevard, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37405

Sluggo's North Vegetarian Cafe has been labled the best vegan/vegtarian restaurant in Chattanooga. Sluggo's North Vegetarian Cafe offers hearty portions of healthy food that is fresh, healthy, delicious and attractively pleasing. I'm not a vegan nor vegetarian, but their 'Pot Stickers" Teriyaki Veggie Burger" has been highly recommended.

3. The Flying Squirrel

Address: 55 Johnson Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37408

The Flying Squirrel restaurant uses only the best local ingredients to create sophisticated plates. My personal favorite are the "Duck Carnitas Tacos," but if you're in the mood for brunch, you should definitely try the "Roasted Potato Hash." Whether you're in the mood for brunch, dinner, or cocktails, The Flying Squirrel will have something that will satisfy your tastebuds.

4. Brewhaus

Address: 224 Frazier Avenue, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37405

Bauhaus restaurant is a little taste of Germany in Chattanooga with the freshest mix of German-American brews and food. Since I'm a quarter German, I love how they dug up recipes from their grandmother's cookbook and added a modern twist. If you want to try a traditional German meal, then I would recommend "The Schnitzel Weiner Art" or "The Spaetzel." Also, they have a sausage line-up where you can customize you're own brat served on a pretzel bun.

5. The Camp House

Address: 149 E ML King Boulevard, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402

The Camp House is a cool spot located off the beaten path that offers outstanding drinks and a world-inspired menu. My personal favorites are the "Farm House Press Sandwich" and "Mediterranean Flatbread."

If you're in the mood for brunch, I would highly recommend the "Bacon, Asiago, Spinach, and Onion Quiche" or the "Hot Goat Waffle." At The Camp House, their philosophy is, "We love coffee." So, you can expect coffee seasonal selections from South America or Asian countries.

6. Taconooga

Address: 207A Frazier Avenue, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37405

Taconooga is not just another pinch taco. At Taconooga, they specialize in authentic Mexican food and only uses the finest and freshest ingredients to spice up your day! My personal favorites are the "Taconooga Speciality Taco" and "Taquitos Mexicanos."

If you're really hungry, you should get "The Big Nooga Burrito," which is a 10-inch burrito filled with your choice of meat, rice, and beans; also its topped with the famous cheese dip, shredded lettuce, pico de gallo, tomato, and sour cream. Whether you like tacos, nachos, or Mexican plates, Taconooga has something that will fill-up your belly.

SEE ALSO: 11 Things All Fast Food Employees Want You To Know

7. Sofa King Juicy Burger

Address: 1743 Dayton Blvd. Red Bank, Tennessee 37405

The Sofa King Juicy Burger is your typically burger joint with a touch of awesome! The Sofa King Juicy Burger specializes in one-of-a-kind, grass fed burgers such as "The Chili Cheese Burger" or "The Nutty Burger."

If you don't like one of their house burgers, no problem! Sofa King Juicy Burger has a meal where you can choose your patty, bun, cheese, sauce, and toppings. Also, remember to save room for dessert because they're known for their liquid nitrogen milkshakes.

8. Community Pie

Address: 850 Market Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402

At the Community Pie, it all started with simple idea, "pizza, beer, and ice cream." Community Pie specializes in authentic Neapolitan and traditional New York style pizza, crafted beer, and homemade gelato from their sister restaurant, Milk & Honey.

My personal favorite are the "Drunk Pig" pizza, "Spicy Bianca" pizza, and the "Sweet Fig" pizza. If you're not in the mood for pizza, Community Pie offers a wide selection of appetizers and salads that will equally satisfy your appetite!

9.Uncle Larry's Restaurant

Address: 736 East ML King Boulevard, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403

Uncle Larry's restaurant incorporates traditional southern cooking with Chattanooga flavors that has became the locals' favorite. Uncle Larry's slogan "Fish so good that it will smack you" is a completely accurate statement!

My personal favorite is the tilapia with a side of fried okra and white beans. If you're not in the mood for seafood, their pork chop is simply delicious. Whether its the catfish or tilapia, you can't go wrong with one of their seafood dishes or homemade desserts.

10. Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant

Address: 2 West Aquarium Way, Chattanooga Tennessee 37402

Puckett's Grocery & Restaurant resembles a community kitchen with live musical performances just a few feet away from your seat! Their menu features comfort food, barbecue smoked slow n' low over cherry wood, home cooked sides, and delicious desserts that you will remembers many years later.

The customer favorite is "Puckett's BBQ Sliders," but my personal favorites are the "Briskett Taco Salad" and "Redneck Burrito." If you have saved room for dessert, then you definitely need to try the "Honey Bun Bread Pudding" and "Moon Pie Banana Pudding," which are made right here in Chattanooga!

11. Southern Star Restaurants Incorporated

Address: 1300 Broad Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37402

The Southern Star Restaurants Incorporated is a place where you can "Put some south in your mouth!" The Southern Star Restaurants Incorporated offers great southern cooking and service in a fun atmosphere.

My personal favorite is the "Turkey Cobb Salad," but you can't go wrong with their blue plate special, which features a vegetable plate or a meat and three sides. Oh, you definitely need to try their "Texas Chocolate Cake" because its to die for!

12. The Bitter Alibi

Address: 825 Houston Street, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37407

The Bitter Alibi is a modern restaurant located in Chattanooga's old-architecture district that is known for their wide selection of beer and delicious food. The Bitter Alibi doesn't have an extensive menu, but they offer a little bit of everything from burgers to curry chickpeas.

My personal favorites are "The Cumberbatch" and "The Cheat Day." If you're a Muppet's fan, then you should try the "Kermit's Ex" sandwich, which features pepperoni, hard salami, shredded mozzerella, pepperoncinis, and vinaigrette with a side of Texas caviar.

13. Wafflelz Factory

Address: 3 ML King Blvd. Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403

Do you love fluffy Belgium waffles made your way? At the Waffelz Factory, their Belgium waffles are available in almost an infinite amount of flavors! The color, aroma, and flavor of the waffle depends on the customer's creativity.

The chicken and waffles are a customer favorite, but I personally love The Tennezzean and the Waffelz Grilled Chicken and Parmesan Sandwichez. Whether you want the Waffelz Your Way or Wafflez Wonderz Desserts, the Waffelz Factory makes it their mission to making waffle wishes come true.

14. The Yellow Deli

Address: 737 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, Tennessee 37403

The Yellow Deli is a unique restaurant that features delectable food and hipster vibes. There is something about The Yellow Deli's atmosphere that draws UTC college students and people from all generation like a magnet.

The signature dish is the "Yellow Submarine" featuring the spread of the week, sprouts, lettuce, onions, olives, yellow tomatoes, and yellow peppers on a seeded bun. If you don't like on of their hot sandwiches, no problem! You can customize your own sandwich or try one of their salads or soups.