16 Things I Learned in 2016

16 Things I Learned in 2016

T'was a year of many lessons.

8
16 Things I Learned in 2016

2016 was an interesting year for a variety of reasons. But for me, it was a year where I learned a lot--not only about myself but about others as well. As 2016 is (thankfully) coming to an end, and 2017 is soon beginning, I thought I'd share with you all what I have learned:

1. You can't fully love someone else without learning to love yourself first.

2. In order to fully love yourself, you have to learn to accept your flaws. They are what make you uniquely YOU.

3. Take vitamins. My parents were right about this. Taking vitamins will help prevent you from getting sick. Trust me.

4. Everything in moderation. You want that extra slice of pizza? Go for it. You deserve it. But at the same time, that doesn't mean eat pizza for every meal everyday. Learn moderation.

5. It is okay to not be okay. It is okay to be depressed, have anxiety, etc. It is okay to need help. The first step to healing is admitting it to yourself. The second is going to get the help you need.

6. Be yourself. Simple as that. There is no one else in the world like you, so don't try to be someone you're not.

7. Know your worth. This was a hard thing for me to learn this year. But you, my friend, are worthy of love, success, and happiness. Never forget that.

8. If someone doesn't give you the time of day, they are not worth your time or tears (ladies, I'm talking to you).

9. If you weren't successful romantically, don't worry too much about it. The right person will come around when its the right time.

10. Don't abandon or distance yourself from those who you love, and who love and care about you. You'll regret it, trust me on that too.

11. Don't be afraid to treat yourself. Self love is important!

12. It's okay to not know what you want to do. Most people don't. You'll figure it out. Until then, try everything!

13. If an opportunity presents itself, take it.

14. Remember to appreciate all your parents do for you. Let them know your gratitude.

15. Work hard, but also play hard. Remember... moderation.

16. Never, ever, ever give up on your dreams.

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2016%2F12%2F31%2F636187444946722343975499740_happy-new-year-colorful-fireworks-over-city-animated-gif.gif&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=118&h=1e4eacea642835b49f6609dbc80d9dd003bd1d749fb9cb0e0682d3ee5377167e&size=980x&c=3802738610 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2016%252F12%252F31%252F636187444946722343975499740_happy-new-year-colorful-fireworks-over-city-animated-gif.gif%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D118%26h%3D1e4eacea642835b49f6609dbc80d9dd003bd1d749fb9cb0e0682d3ee5377167e%26size%3D980x%26c%3D3802738610%22%7D" expand=1]