10 Struggles Of Being The Youngest Sibling
Siblings

You’re not sure if they were tired of pretending Santa was real, or if they just liked to see you distraught.

3062
Unsplash

Being the youngest sibling definitely does have its perks, however, it's not all rainbows and sunshine.

1. You will always be known as “the baby."

No matter your age, everyone will always refer to you as the baby.

2. You have always been compared to your older sibling(s).

Whether it was in school, sports, or anything else they were involved in, you were always held to a higher expectation.

3. You were always accused of being the favorite by your older sibling(s).

Well, they weren't wrong.

4. Your least favorite line is, “When you're older…"

Growing up, that was your parents and sibling(s) answer to everything you wanted to do. Even now that you are older, it is still their favorite response.

5. Everyone was way too overprotective of you.

They thought that because you were “the baby," they actually had to treat you like a baby.

6. Santa was ruined for you at an early age.

You're not sure if they were tired of pretending Santa was real, or if they just liked to see you distraught.

7. Your parents often forget your name.

They tend to “accidentally" call you by your sibling's name.

8. Your older sibling(s) never fail(s) to tell you how spoiled you are.

You're not spoiled. You're the favorite and you deserved that Kate Spade purse, trip to New York, and a brand-new car.

9. You feared for your life when mom and dad left your sibling(s) in charge.

They were the boss of you and not once did they let you forget that.

10. Hand-me-downs.

You're older sibling(s) talked about how spoiled you were, but you were the one wearing their old, out of style, clothes.