15 Ways to Beat the Blues

15 Ways to Beat the Blues

First, breathe in. Then, breathe out...

8
15 Ways to Beat the Blues
Morgan Sokolic

Everybody gets down sometimes, we all know that. Sometimes you just feel a little sad and feel that you can't get out of this little funk. Everybody needs to take time out of their day to love themselves and remind themselves that even when you are sad, it is so important to love yourself no matter what. And guess what, you don't always need to drop a ton of money to make yourself feel better. Of course, spending a little money on yourself never hurt but sometimes you can't afford a lavish meal out by yourself at your favorite restaurant. Need a couple of ideas on how to treat yourself? Here's a handful of things to do to beat those blues.

1. Get to the source and figure out why you're so down. Write down what's been going on in your life and see if you can figure out why you're feeling the way you are.

2. Call someone at vent. Sometimes venting to someone in your life who you are close with and understands what you've got going on can offer some positive insight.

3. Buy yourself flowers! Any kind of flowers can really brighten up any room or mood.

4. Take a bath. Bath bombs are so in right now which makes being able to relax in a warm bath at the end of the day so much easier.

5. Take a nap and don't feel one bit guilty about it!

6. Splurge on something you've had your eye on for a while. You don't always need to spend money on something to make yourself feel better but sometimes you need to treat yourself to something out of the ordinary.

7. Make yourself go out and do something. Even if it is something as small as going to the grocery store, getting out and into a new environment can really make a difference.

8. Change your scenery...in your house. Changing up your room or your kitchen to give it a different look is not only fun but a change that is healthy.

9. Do yoga even if you never have before. Sure putting yourself into awkward positions may not seem like a fun idea to most but it can really help with relaxing and unwinding.

10. Get coffee or tea with an old friend. Catching up with someone over a pumpkin spice latte can be a fun little thing to do.

11. Spend a day being overly nice to everybody you come in contact with. It may be a bit much but it is very true what they say...happiness is contagious.

12. Listen to holiday music no matter what time of year it is. Make yourself a playlist and put that on repeat.

13. Write a litter to who or what is bothering you. Don't send it, obviously, but sometimes if you write a dear you... letter to whoever, it can really help.

14. See how long you can go without complaining about anything. Having an open mind and being more positive can be very eye opening.

15. Give yourself time to step away from it all. Turn your phone off, log out of social media for a while and take a break from the world. It can feel amazing to not have to check your phone or wonder if someone texted you or emailed you every two seconds.