15 Things You Know To Be True If You're From Springfield, Ohio

Catch the Springfield-Clark County Spirit!

754
Wallace & Turner

Welcome to Springfield! If you grew up here or went to school here, you can probably attest to most, if not all of these experiences.

1. Schuler's

Do I even have to explain this? Best donuts and cookies around, hands down. Pumpkin cookies are the TRUE sign that fall has arrived.

2. School rivalries

Mention Kenton Ridge's name at Shawnee and you'll be shunned. We take student sections at our basketball and football games seriously.

3. Nothing to do? Go to Walmart or McDonald's

We're about 20 minutes from Beavercreek and a half-hour from Dayton, but most of the time we're too lazy to drive that far. We don't have a lot to offer... so wanna grab a Big Mac and let me push you around in a shopping cart race?

4. You bypass Upper Valley Mall and just head to Fairfield or Easton

You're never been so excited to see an American Eagle, PacSun or Hollister in your life. Plus, Fairfield Commons is the closest Chick-fil-A!

5. Holiday in the City is the prettiest time of the year

You have to admit, when the lights from the tree reflect on the snow and all of the buildings are decorated, downtown Springfield is gorgeous.

6. Scrolling through your phone and seeing drug busts, shootouts and baby announcements from people you graduated with

Keepin' Springfield classy.

7. Driving by and smelling Klosterman's

Be careful when you're hungry—the smell of the fresh baking bread is one of the most comforting and delicious smells ever.

8. Fair time is the highlight of our summer

The birthplace of 4-H knows how to host a fair. From nearly throwing up on all of the sketchy rides, to eating the best fair foods (yes, I'm talking about elephant ears, pork tenderloin sandwiches and fried pickles), days and nights spent under the lights with your best friends can't be beat.

9.You'll see at least one person you know if you go out to eat on a Friday night

When the only good places to eat at are Los Mariachis, Texas Roadhouse, Buffalo Wild Wings and Chipotle... you're bound to see a familiar face.

10. John Legend

We use the fact that John Legend was born and raised in Springfield to our advantage. It's one of the only good things we can claim about us, TBH.

11. Mike 'n Rosy's

It's the best place to grab a solid sub after a Wittenberg football or basketball game. We feel strongly about our steamed buns.

12. Getting caught at the red left-turn light at Bechtle

IT'S THE WORST. Add an additional five minutes to your ETA.

13. Referencing Dayton, Columbus and Cincinnati to your location

"Where's Springfield? I've never heard of it?"

"Uh, we're in the middle of Dayton and Columbus, and about an hour and a half north of Cincinnati."

"Oh, OK!"

14. Summers at the reservoir

It's the saddest excuse for a beach and the water is kind of disgusting—OK, really disgusting—but it's only the best place to cool off from Ohio's oppressing summer heat.

15. Springfield may be run-down and kind of trashy, but that's where we're from; that's home. And no one can take that away from us.