15 Comments You Give Vegetarians They DEFINITELY Haven't Gotten A Million Times Before

Please, we beg of you, stop making these comments.

Making the choice to become a vegetarian is personal. Of course, there are amazing benefits such as overall better health and exhibiting justice for animals, so we will definitely be ready to share those findings with you. However, it can get highly annoying, not to mention even a little awkward, when people relentlessly ask me the same vegetarian questions that I have already answered for them every time that I come around. I completely understand that people are inquisitive, but there comes a point when the questions can seem condescending. It's really no big deal that I do not eat meat; so please stop making it seem like one.

Here are 15 comments that all vegetarians are totally sick of hearing.

1. "So, do you eat fish?"

No. I'm a vegetarian, not a pescatarian.

2. "You can still drink milk, right?"

Yes. Again, I'm a vegetarian, not vegan.

3. "It must be so awkward for you to eat out."

Um... no not at all.

4. "Do you miss meat?"

For the tenth time, no I don't. If I did, then I wouldn't be a vegetarian anymore.

5. "Do you realize that animals are still being killed whether you are eating them or not?

Yes, I'm not naive. I am simply choosing not to condone that behavior by not supporting massive meat industries. Anyways, there are health benefits to not eating meat too.

6. "Doesn't this *insert piece of meat* look sooooo good?!?"

No, it does not...and I would greatly appreciate if you would stop waving it in front of my face.

7. "Just for clarification, you don't eat fish?"

No, no fish!

8. "Hey, you're a vegetarian, so you can't eat that."

Thank you for point out the obvious, but it is definitely unnecessary for you to announce to the entire room that I am a vegetarian when the main course of this home-cooked meal is meat.

9. "Should I make you something special?"

I greatly appreciate that you asked, but I am not trying to cause any trouble. You do not have to make an entirely separate main dish for me.

10. "Your bones are probably weak because of your lack of protein."

First of all, there are several sources of protein that are not meat. Second, I did not point out to you the fact that your meat-laden diet increases your risk for heart disease, so please let me just live my life and I'll let you live yours.

11. "Will your kids be vegetarians?"

If my children want to be, then yes.

12. "Are you planning to be a vegetarian for the rest of your life?"

I never even planned on becoming a vegetarian in the first place; it just happened. Who knows what tomorrow will bring?

13. "How can you just cut something out of your life like that?"

The same way that anyone cuts anything out of their life.

14. "What do you even eat on Thanksgiving?"

Well, there are plenty of delicious sides that do not involve meat, so probably a few of those.

15. "Sorry, but you can't eat that because it has meat in it."

I am well-aware, and please do not feel "sorry" for me.