15 Things To Do To De-Stress

15 Things To Do To De-Stress

Did you make the time to unplug today?
107

Everyone gets a little bit stressed sometimes. Here are some tips on how to help relieve that negative energy!

1. Write in a planner/journal

Writing in a planner or a journal is a great way to de-stress. By putting all of your thoughts into one place you do not have to worry about forgetting to do something throughout your day. Rather than being stressed trying to think of the many tasks and things that you have to get done writing in a planner or journal solves this problem.

2. Clean/organize

Whether this is your room, car or even your closet it is a good idea to clean out and organize your belongings. When things are messy it is much harder to find what you need which leads to stressful situations of rushing to find something. Save yourself the hassle and get your things in order.

3. Read a book/magazine

Reading a book or a magazine is so relaxing. Whenever you need to take a break from the stress of school or work pull out your favorite book or magazine and start reading!

4. Go to the gym

Going to the gym to workout is a good way to relieve stress. When you exercise your body releases endorphins which generates positive feelings. Therefore you will feel much better after you workout.

5. Take a break from electronics

Try and carve out at least an hour in your day to take a break from your electronics. Taking an hour to unplug before bed can calm your mind and help you to have a more restful night of sleep.

6. Take a walk outside

Walk in your neighborhood, walk in a park, walk on your old high school track or on a nature trail or beach. Just get outside to enjoy the weather and nature. Being outside also has the added benefit of giving you your required amount of vitamin D for the day.

7. Play with a pet

Whose pet doesn't like to play? Take the time out of your busy day to play with them.

8. Listen to calm music/color

Create a playlist of mellow songs that make you feel good. Turn on this playlist whenever you are feeling stressed and color at the same time. These days adult coloring books can be found in a variety of stores; the Dollar Tree, Michaels, HomeGoods and Barnes and Noble.

9. Meditate/yoga

If your schedule allows it, try and take at least fifteen minutes when you first get up in the morning to meditate and do your stretches. It is a great way to wake up your body for the day. Even taking a yoga class at your local studio is known to help relax your body and mind.

10. Take a bubble bath/light a candle

It goes without saying that taking a bubble bath after a long school day or work day will relax your body. Lighting a candle or throwing in aromatherapy soap or bath salts will help to make your bath that much more appealing to your senses.

11. Eat dark chocolate

It is a fact that consuming dark chocolate can help to lower stress levels. So purchase your favorite type of dark chocolate and treat yourself to a little bit each day.

12. Drink a hot cup of tea/hot water with lemon

Studies prove that drinking something hot helps to soothe your throat therefore making you more relaxed and stress-free. I recommend trying chamomile tea or sleepy time tea to help aid you in getting a restful sleep.

13. Enjoy a spa day

Take the time to book an appointment at your local spa. Choose spa menu items: massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, seaweed body wrap and/or deep tissue massage.

14. Use stress relief lotions/sprays

Looking for some good stress relief products? Try Bath and Body Works body lotions, body washes and sprays. They come in a great variety of scents such as; eucalyptus spearmint, lavender vanilla, orange ginger, black currant vanilla, and black chamomile. I guarantee they will instantly make you feel more relaxed when being used. (They are currently running a special online).

15. Take a nap

It is a known fact that taking a nap for at least 20 minutes a day will help to reduce stress levels. It doesn't matter when you take a nap so try and squeeze one in when it is convenient for you. Whether it is between a class or during your lunch hour it is a great way to renew your energy.