15 Starbucks Orders for Every College Major

"I'll have...umm..."

278
Wikimedia

When it comes to ordering a coffee, we've all been guilty of the classic, "I'll have...umm..." at least once or twice before. Because, really, how do you choose the perfect drink? It's certainly nothing like declaring a major in college. Your major requires deep introspective thought and a glimpse into what type of future you'd like to create for yourself after getting that expensive piece of paper.

Then again, perhaps it's your major itself that can tell a lot about who you are, where you're going, and what you want out of your coffee. That being said, here are 15 Starbucks drinks that are tailor-made for every major under the sun, ensuring that no student will have that dreaded "umm.." moment at the barista counter again:

1. Diplomacy - Narino 70 Cold Brew

Only a worldly expert such as yourself would truly appreciate the international delight of a Narino 70. You're not afraid to broaden your horizons and travel across oceans to get sh*t done. This exotic blend of Colombian and East African coffee beans adds the perfect amount of intrigue for any future jet-setting diplomat to enjoy.

2. Engineering/Math/Physics - Caffe Americano

[rebelmouse-proxy-image https://media.rbl.ms/image?u=%2Ffiles%2F2017%2F07%2F19%2F6363606339426959331232795264_Caff%25C3%25A8-Americano.jpg&ho=https%3A%2F%2Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net&s=755&h=3a51bdc275c4572b4ff5c2856b4e068d533bd6084e082f60d7674de0321669df&size=980x&c=1709360811 crop_info="%7B%22image%22%3A%20%22https%3A//media.rbl.ms/image%3Fu%3D%252Ffiles%252F2017%252F07%252F19%252F6363606339426959331232795264_Caff%2525C3%2525A8-Americano.jpg%26ho%3Dhttps%253A%252F%252Faz616578.vo.msecnd.net%26s%3D755%26h%3D3a51bdc275c4572b4ff5c2856b4e068d533bd6084e082f60d7674de0321669df%26size%3D980x%26c%3D1709360811%22%7D" expand=1 original_size="1x1"]

The Caffe Americano is the only drink that is strong enough to help you endure those late-night study sessions, endless lab reports, and complicated problem sets. The caffeine content in this little espresso-water combo is small but mighty enough to help you ace all of your common exams.

3. Chemistry - Nitro Cold Brew

If chemistry and coffee had a baby, the Nitro Cold Brew would be it. As a chemist, you love mixing new things together and creating something totally innovative and unique. Starbucks has taken molecular gastronomy to a whole new level with this drink by infusing nitrogen into their already-yummy cold brew. It's a match made in scientific heaven!

4. Biology - Strawberry Acai Refresher

Any biology major will tell you how important antioxidants are for your body. That's why the Strawberry Acai Refresher is the ideal drink for any health-savvy biologist-to-be.

5. Journalism - Iced Caffe Latte

As a journalist, you're always up for a challenge. While looking for the latest and greatest breaking news, you often find yourself looking to push the envelope and draw new boundaries to get that one, perfect story. You're a person who cannot stick to one flavor or order because you'll simply get bored with the routine. An ambitious writer like yourself can always find inspiration in changing up a traditional Iced Caffe Latte. The flavor combinations are endless and you can rest assured that your coffee will always be hard-hitting, interesting, and front-page worthy.

6. Public Relations/Marketing - Flat White

Leading the advertising world, PR and Marketing majors are constantly working on new projects and events. You're a responsible go-getter who doesn't rest until the job is done (and done correctly, no less). When you order a Flat White, you're getting the perfect mix of coffee and milk, bitter and sweet. It's a reliable drink that always hits the mark in flavor and balance and can never fail you (or your taste buds!).

7. Education - Original Iced Coffee

Just like an iced coffee, teaching is a very classic profession. Education majors are friendly, nurturing, and eager to become experts in their fields to open the minds of a new generation. Future teachers should stick to a coffee drink that is just as original and timeless as they are.

8. Environmental Science - Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher

For nature-loving environmental science majors, combining the pureness of the Earth's fruit and flowers into a delicious drink should sound like the perfect pick-me-up. You're a conscious, fearless activist who probably resents the term "tree-hugger" because there is absolutely nothing wrong with loving everything Mother Nature has to offer! Bonus: add coconut milk to it to order the uber-trendy "Pink Drink"!

9. English - Green Tea Creme Frappuccino

It's seemingly every English major's dream to sip a cup of tea with their favorite author and discuss symbolism and irony. They're an existential bunch, who can quote Shakespeare and Jane Austen like it's their second language. For a deep-thinking bibliophile, the Green Tea Frappuccino is sure to satisfy.

10. Dance - Shaken Iced Passion Tango Tea

It's an undisputed fact that dancers are a passionate group. You're lively, ambitious, and determined to take your art to new heights. The Iced Passion Tango Tea's sunset color is a rhythmic combination of hibiscus, apple, and lemongrass that will keep you alert for every cha-cha, pirouette, and step-ball-change that comes your way.

11. Theater - Orange Cream Fizzio Soda

There's no business like show business. And for any young actor or actress vying for a spot on the big screen or on a Broadway stage, you've got to have something totally unique. Enter: the Orange Cream Fizzio. This soda drink is a one-of-a-kind sip that only Starbucks can offer. Taking homage from a childhood favorite, the Dreamsicle, this bubbly menu item is perfect for any thespian on the cusp of stardom. Bravo!

12. Nursing/Pre-Med/OT/PT - Iced Caffe Americano

Similar to the stresses of the engineering/math/physics crowd, tomorrow's health professionals are often up to their cerebellum in coursework. Between pharmacology, microbiology, psychology, and all the other -ologies, these majors are a resilient crowd of heroes. One day, you will be on the front lines of the medical field, saving lives and making advancements that will last a lifetime. Picking up an Iced Caffe Americano will give you 500 cc's of energy without waiting for your precious coffee to cool off. More java, stat!

13. Fashion - Violet Drink

For fashionistas, aesthetic is everything. You're a creative thinker who is always on the hunt for the latest trends in the design world. You have an eye for beauty and a killer sense of style. That's why the only Starb's item that will do for you is the Violet Drink. This fan-favorite off of the *secret menu* combines the eye-catching Very Berry Hibiscus Refresher and coconut milk to create a royal-hued drink that is fit for a fashion queen. Consider trading that leopard-print clutch in your closet for one of these bad boys!

14. Business - Dark Roast

The business world tends to be all-business-all-the-time. You're a no-nonsense guy or gal who knows that the conference room is no place to play games. You've got an inner strength and mental stamina that is no short of the power that a beautifully-crafted Dark Roast holds. Whether it comes down to closing the deal, merging the company, or making the sale, business majors are all about the serious stuff.

15. Political Science - Doubleshot on Ice

In an ever-changing climate like politics, you're prepared to be alert 24/7 for any new developments. Whether it's a foreign affair or a domestic policy, you're ready to take on the biggest and baddest superpowers that this world has to offer. That's why you'll want - nay, you'll need - a Doubleshot on Ice. This drink serves up 100%, pure espresso on a bed of chilly ice that is sure to keep you up for those long nights of political rhetoric and debate.