15 Songs To Add To Your Christmas Playlist

If they’re not one there already.

231
A Charlie Brown Christmas

Now that it’s November, it’s basically Christmas since there is no music to commemorate the gracious holiday where pilgrims were being very fake and had native americans feeling like they had friends before beginning to massacre them. Within good reason, because how do you make a song about that. But since we’re walking into the holiday season it’s only right that you’re prepared for the month of December a whole month earlier. Just to be safe. The songs on this list are recognized holiday classics, covers of classics and some of them should be.

1. "This Christmas" by Chris Brown

Now personal things aside, Chris Brown actually has an amazing voice that is showcased on the cover of Donna Hathaway’s 1970 Christmas classic. Because the lines of musical genres is beginning to blur more and more its hard to tell if it’s more R&B or Pop but regardless, it will get you sining along. Theres also a movie that this specific version comes from.

2. "True Love" by Ariana Grande

The first song from Ariana Grande and off the EP Christmas and Chill, Ariana gives a slow, but upbeat tempo out her true love and Christmas.

3. "Santa Clause is Coming to Town" by the Jackson 5

Probably the oldest song on this list as far is goes tot the artist singing it but still not an original, the song is pure fun and fills you with christmas cheer.

4. "Under the Mistletoe" by Justin Bieber

Similar to Christ Brown, Justin Bieber isn't everyone’s favorite person int he world but nonetheless when he delivered his Christmas album of the same name, he delivered. He gave a young fresh face in the holiday music and this song is all about love during the holidays which some people can relate to.

5. "Baby It’s Cold Outside" by Idina Menzel

Another Christmas classic but sung by a queen makes it even more amazing. The male part is sung by Michael Bublé who you’ll see again on this list. Their voices blend really well together and the music video for it, is for lack of a better term, cute.

6. "Greatest Time of Year" by Aly & AJ

This may be the least recognized song on this list but it deserves recognition. It’s something you can definitely hear playing in stores around the holiday season giving shoppers the motivation to splurge all their money on gifts for everyone including the lady the held the door open for them as they entered the store.

7. "It’s Beginning to Look A Lot Like Christmas" by Michael Bublé

The most traditional, slow christmas song on the list, its has to be sort of newish. That’s where Michael Bublé’s version comes in and gives the old song something that makes i seem both fresh and intake at the same time.

8. "8 Days of Christmas" by Destiny’s Child

Destiny’s Child actually had a Christmas album. It’s easily forgettable except for 8 Days of Christmas which puts a twist on the traditional 12 Days of Christmas with more expensive things. It’s more R&B, which may contradict the next song, but it just makes sense.

9. "Winter Things" by Ariana Grande

The second song from Ariana Grande is what you expect a christmas song to sound like. The beat is very “christmassy.” It’s calming and if every christmas song could follow the same tempo, it would really be the most joyous time of the year.

10. "That Christmas" Feeling by Olivia Olson

This song came from a Phineas and Ferb Christmas special and it’s a beautiful to listen to.It especially amazing if you watch the entire episode.

11. "Winter Wonderland / Don't Worry Be Happy" by Pentatonix

To sum up this song in simpler terms, its just pleasant to listen to. It’s not the dreary, played out Winter Wonderland you’re used to hearing at every holiday party, it’s fresh and because it features Tori Kelly it’s amazing.

12. "Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas" by Sam Smith

Sam Smith’s smooth voice on the cover is everything your christmas playlist needs. After much upbeat music there needs to be a a time when the pace is slow and you can relax and appreciate everything around you.

13. "Joy to the World" by Whitney Houston

Yes, Whitney Houston has a cover to this song, but its not the slow, boring religious version you expect. Coming from the movie, The Preacher's Wife, the song gives you the vibe of being in a southern baptist church where church is meant to be enjoyed. So you can listen to Whitney’s vocals, praise God and jam out all at once. Who knew?

14. "Santa Tell Me" by Ariana Grande

The third song by Grande on this list isn't a Christmas classic and very well may not be but its still the fun side of pop people love to see. It’s easy to sing along to and the music video for it is fun-filled, you wish you could've been a part of it. It’s almost a version of Last Christmas which Grande also covered but more fun.

15. "All I Want For Christmas" Is You by Mariah Carey

Last but not least, the most notable Christmas song to date which will begin to rise up the chart again soon. Love or hate Mariah Carey she gave an instant Christmas classic with this song. It’s frequently covered but none of them compare to the original although they may be ell sung. As soon as you hear this playing on the radio, you know its’s officially christmas time.

As a runner up we have, Feliz Navidad. Unfortunately it isn’t on this list even though its mostly sung in Spanish and somehow so big among people of all nationalities. But you can go and add that onto your playlist as well and get ready to enjoy an amazing halloween party if it lasts for only about an hour.